First experience with co's

sandmann

I was at scugog last night and two co's in a pickup truck showed up. It was cool to see them out doing there job, I actually walked up to them wanting them to ask me for my licence. Really nice guys, I was starting to think theese guys were a myth, I've been fishing for many years and that was my first time ever seeing them. It was funny to see some of the white bucket crew get nervous, hope they had there licences. Anyone had any bad experiences?

Edited by sandmann

Nice to hear they were out checking. The white bucket crowd...love the labeling of them, good friend of mine get's that name all the time haha.

Anyway, I was checked last year on Scugog(April) and well was underage for a license. Hope to get checked on the water a few times. Makes me feel good to have them out patrolling the area

Im sure their scoping the LO tribs.Esp trout season being just around the corner.For myself only one bad exp during hunting season.The CO misred my jesture.Afterwards I gave him that jesture.I wonder if he made it back up in the ranks?There was a major incident and he had a swollen head.I had nothing to do with anything that day.Just a guy for him to pick on when I drove by and waved HI.

As for all the rest I met,the nicest bunch of guys.Same as the port Weller coast gaurd crew.

Last time I saw one, last summer, I was on Scugog in my kayak. He checked 4 boats all around me and moved on. Last time I was stopped by one, was on Seymour lake in 1998. He was polite and we had everything we were required to have so he wished us luck and that was that.

Looks like they're checking scugog relatively often! I was checked maybe a couple weeks ago too.

I notice that as much as the white bucket crowds exist at this time of the year, ***MOST**** of these people will probably go by the rules, as the temperatures aren't really comfortable for those that don't know/care about the rules to come out.

Edited by EC1

I've been checked a few times while fishing. Never a problem.

Also checked once while driving the logging roads moose hunting. Three of us in the truck.

I got out to stretch my legs (unloaded rifle in hand) and the CO got really nervous as I walked around while he talked to the other guys. :unsure:

I had to reassure him I was just stretching my legs because we had been driving for a bit.

He kept a close eye on me, but seemed to relax a bit as the conversation went on.

Nice guy and I don't blame him for being nervous.

I would be too if I was alone and stopped 3 guys with rifles on a quiet logging road in the middle of nowhere.

I was at scugog last night and two co's in a pickup truck showed up. It was cool to see them out doing there job, I actually walked up to them wanting them to ask me for my licence. Really nice guys, I was starting to think theese guys were a myth, I've been fishing for many years and that was my first time ever seeing them. It was funny to see some of the white bucket crew get nervous, hope they had there licences. Anyone had any bad experiences?

Pretty sure they were the same two that nailed 4 at duffins! No license and right up against the dam Sunday 11th at around 445

Edited by Noboats_Onlyfloats

Always had a pleasant experience with CO’s…Most still think I’m too young to own a license

The ones I’ve met have been super cool…They’ve even pointed me to where I could get into some better fishing to salvage my day.

I'm usually checked either once a year on the rivers or once a year fishing for carp in the Kawarthas...Pretty surprising how far in they hike to some spots.

Looks like they're checking scugog relatively often! I was checked maybe a couple weeks ago too.

I notice that as much as the white bucket crowds exist at this time of the year, ***MOST**** of these people will probably go by the rules, as the temperatures aren't really comfortable for those that don't know/care about the rules to come out.

I agree.. or at least hope so..

and well ya I have seen them around quite a bit. but little do you know even when you dont see them.. they are still watching.. and for sure around Scugog.. they tend to park across or around the corner from where your fishing and use there binoculars.. etc.. I have seen it done many times.. and then they also like to just show up.. and more or less show you that they still exist!

Just like any other job there are good ones and there are bad ones. Just like any other ministry tough their MO is to generate revenue under the guise of conservation. If it was really about conservation there would be something actually behind getting a fishing licence rather then just gimme your money here is your licence. Noones fault thats just how the world works IMO

Wow I must be in their files. Been checked many times over the years. Three times just last ice fishing season (2 Simcoe, 1 Lake Joseph. Even got pulled over on the 400 last summer to check fish limits and boat trailer.

Always run into them on the weekends off Bronte on Lake Ontario. They pull along side do a quite life jacket, fishing license and off again. Don't even have to stop trolling. It's when you don't have the basics that they start looking deeper for safety, ownership, empty beer bottles.