If you could permanently move to one area for the sake of fishing...

Mykester

If you had the option of relocating to another area based on awesome fishing, where would it be? I would probably move to North Western Ontario near Lake Superior, that way I'd have access to tribs that produce steelhead/salmon, and be near tons of awesome lakes that hardly ever receive any fishing pressure. Also I'd be a fair distance from Lake of the Woods.

I'm not sure about moving permanently but this summer I might be spending 2-3months NE of Kingston fishing bass for the summer(living on the water). Working out of a small tackle shop here and there with good bass fishing and family to visit it might be too good to be true.

I just hope I can share daily reports out of my 12'tinny fishing bass haha :)

im living it ....and lovin it ....2 minutes to be on the lake ...five minutes to be in the river ...

my original target town was Kincardine ....but Port Elgin won me over....and i can be in Kincardine in 25 minutes by boat or land should the need arise

Im good in Wawa...Salmon/Steelies in Superior, have LSPP for Lakers and brookies, and to the North and east have sick Walleye and Pike fishing with solid brookies in there as well! As well as the odd few lakes with smallies is a bonus, plus living on a lake with a whitie population that is unheard of....I will stay here..thanks!

I'm like twocoda... 3 minutes to a boat launch to fish GBay and all summer long a 90 foot walk to the boat at the dock. Nothing to change....other than possibly making it a permanent 90 foot walk !

Edited by irishfield

To all those that live in the most ossim spot evar:

Imagine a masked man with a cape breaks into your home and threatens the well-being of your family, and promises to leave you all alone if you move to another location and never look back. Where would you go, taking into account you are well off and want the best fishing ever.

I did it 5 years ago. Got the heck out of Southern Ontario and moved to the North West Territories!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Why? Well the fishing was a big part of it and the fact that it's not Ontario was just as big a part. I grew tired of all the :asshat: driving the roads the ever increasing number of rude people and the politicians in Ontario are ruining the province. My original plans for my retirement down the road had me moving to Smithers BC but after vacationing with my buddy Terry from Prince George and talking about living in BC, I found out it is just Ontario West and am rethinkng my retirement plans.

The Yukon is looking pretty good. Great laker fishing plus rainbows, char, pike, salmon, grayling...... plus a fairly short trip for BC steelies and salmon and a days drive to South Central Alaska for some more awesome fishing. :D

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

As long as I'm on superior I don't care but if I was to pick a home other than the Soo it would be Nipigon...and that's not just because of the fishing!

To all those that live in the most ossim spot evar:

Imagine a masked man with a cape breaks into your home and threatens the well-being of your family, and promises to leave you all alone if you move to another location and never look back. Where would you go, taking into account you are well off and want the best fishing ever.

kinda silly hypothetical but here goes...

knock the masked man down and choke him with his own cape...problem solved.... and.... no one will go to the masked mans funeral because his identity is hidden with a mask and no one that knows him will know he is deceased :dunno:

I prefer saltwater over freshwater any day.

I am with Syn. Just for fishing, I would move back to Scotland. Sea fishing is fantastic.

Plus the opportunity to fish for wild brown trout, atlantics and monster pike is also available in hundreds of lochs.

Right in Orillia. Sitting on Lady S with the K lakes a few minutes East, G bay 20 minutes West and on the southern doorstep of the Muskokas, where I grew up.

There is also the need to have a decent hospital around for my regular oopsies :stretcher:

well, i personally would move just a tad more north of sault ste. marie. maybe up near wawa or further. i havent really put much thought into this sorta thing but some place that i would have access to salmon, trout, whities, pike and walleye, perch and bass. oh by the way, imma goin out to git me some whities tomorrow morning.... well now today at 8:00 lol (12:02 right now). so you can be sure i'll post my first whities of the season as well as some scenic shots! well.... not so scenic with the steel plant in the way haha.

I'm already here! Just walk down to the boathouse, open the door, flip a switch, boat goes in the water, I go fishing. When I'm done for the day, or the season I just drive the boat back into the cradle, flip a switch, boat gets parked in the boathouse all nice and dry and safe.

We catch walleye, muskie, bass, carp, and all sorts of pan fish right off the dock and it isn't unheard of in the fall to take the 12 gauge down to the dock while fishing and come back up to the house with a goose or duck and a couple of nice walleye.

We are 10 minutes to town and a very good hospital (older people tend to consider things like that more) I can walk into the butcher shop, drug store,....... and people know my name. It is a beautiful rural community. There is plenty of work for those that want to work, property in the area is an excellent investment but there is still plenty of affordable housing for those just getting started.

I can be deer, turkey, or bird hunting in less than 5 minutes from my house, actually we often see deer and turkey close enough that we could shoot them right from our own yard.

Even if we were to move from this house for any reason I'd still stay in the area.

I'd love to be in the area north of Sudbury. Lots of small lakes for walleye, bass, pike. We've vacationed for 4 years at the Watershed restaurant/truck stop. It's a short drive to many smaller lakes towing my 14 footer. Chelmsford would be an ideal town to live in as it is very close to Sudbury for all your supplies & a great hospital facility, housing is affordable & I've met some very nice people. I was fortunate to be able to work in Sudbury last year for 3 months - in 1 hour I could be in natures paradise!!