first post from paradise :)

lew

I am so envious Lew. You and Diane are just going to love living there I bet. I can hear the enthusiasm in your typing :lol:

Enjoy and don't forget to send us pics every now and then of the wildlife.

Joey

Lord knows you both sacrificed enough all your lives to deserve anything you want. Congrats to you both, Lew. It looks like a beautiful place. A super place for little Marvin too!

:( ./ Nearly missed this one, gotta get on more often.

Way to go Lew, and welcome to the 'hood, heck we're almost neighbors. I'm just East of Buckhorn [where's that.]

I hope you and Diane have many memorable years ahead of you. Sounds like you got the perfect 'Paradice' there.

Are ya gonna teach the local Vol. Firemen a few tricks in your 'spare' time :whistling:

Edited by Nanook

Nice Lew! We're still settling in at our new place but I've yet to see any deer and the neighbours are pretty tight lipped. Oh well, I guess they won't be asking to borrow tools!

Your post reminds me of a joke going around in email a bunch of years ago. It starts off much like your post; Day 1, peace and tranquility. By day 5.. "it's still snowing and the plow driver accidently plowed in my driveway". Day 12... "when will this bleeping snow stop and if I see that plow today I'll bleeeping bleep him!"

I wish I could find it online, funny stuff.

Well Lew that is certainly paradise and glad your at peace with your surroundings, I know you will love there. There seems to be a bit of a problem with your second image, the 3 deer that came up your driveway have either multiplied to more very quickly or you are now at the age where you need to get an eye exam :D

All the best to you and your family.

Kind regards,

Sam

Mornin boyz and thanks once again for all the nice comments. I'm just sitting here watching 3 piliated woodpeckers in the tree outside the window and 12 deer in the backyard, infact 3 of them are only 50' from the back deck.

Funny thing though as I never thought of deer as being aggresive or nasty before, but these guys are like a bunch of kids fighting over the last chocolate bar. The neighbor puts out 5 gallons of some sort of seed mixture a couple times a day and the critters pass thru my place on their way to the feast, but rather than everyone picking their own pile of goodies they'll fight over the same one. They get right up on their hind legs, nearly standing up-right and almost box with each other. Once the vittles are all gone though, their all buddy buddy again and wander back into the bush to digest their grub :D