I'll soon be a country bumpkin :)

lew

An absolutely beautiful home and property Lew!!! You and your wife really deserve it for working hard and staying cooped up in the city for all those years!

You'll really like how quiet and relaxing the country life is!

It is more work owning a larger property, but it'll keep you out of trouble and give the Muskies mouths a chance to heal up! ;)

I agree with the others that suggest buying a good riding mower, I recommend a John Deere... but not one of those Home Depot ones, go to a dealer. I've had great service out of the John Deere "K" series engine... you don't get that engine in the ones from Home Depot!

Congratulations on your new home and property, you're gonna love it!!!

Thanks once again folks for all the well wishes, I most certainly appreciate your thoughts.

As for the riding mower, this'll be the 1st time I've ever had enuff property to require anything more than a push model, but it's definetely on the shopping list and will be parked in the garden shed by the time the 1st blade of grass shows itself next spring.

And GCD, your suggestion about not buying from the big boxes will certainly be taken.

I don't take possession till the end of February but there'll still be plenty of snow around, so a snow blower is also in the works.

fantastic Lew! I didn't read all the replies so forgive me if I'm redundant...but you'll never be able to read a post like this one because you'll probably be on dial-up! We moved to the country 2 years ago and love it...but I have to open pic heavy posts like this at work (sh...don't tell the boss). Anyways, congrats to you and Diane, I hope you have many happy years there. And your posts after February will probably involve only 1 photo!

Lew buying a lawn tractor is a lot like buying a car, and everyone uses theirs differently and cares for it differently. I have a 20hp Husky riding mower from TSC (Tractor Supply) a MTD store brand, 46 inch cut. My front yard is bigger than your whole lot, trees, mounds with shrubs, edging along the drive.

I bought it in 1999 for like 2000-2200 with a bagging attachment, it still works fine, and it is used to cut almost 3 acres of land. It has only needed a few minor repairs, belt changes, a starter gear(nylon), a couple of batteries, deck blades and a pulley. It takes me about an hour to cut the front yard, bagging and emptying the clippings, with a zero turn mower it would be much faster.

It looks like you take care of your stuff, probably no need to go crazy with spending on one. Do yourself a favor, get a Hydrostatic drive one, you never know what is going to happen down the road, me and clutches don`t work well together now.

LOL if someone else besides you is driving it? Make sure they can grasp the concept that if the cut grass isn`t blowing out the deck it is clogged! The burning rubber smell is the belts that now have to be replaced.