If you were given a million dollars..... what would you buy

bigredfisher

if lets say that you won the lottery (wish that would happen to me lol) what are 5 things that would you buy?Keep this fishing related.

for me

1. boat (unsure what kind but it would have all the best electronics, and top quality riggers)

2. fishing tackle

3.gps (handheld to mark all my spots)

4.float rod (st.croix or g loomis)

5. float reel (nothing but the best and ill go with the best and that would be an islander)

lets make this interesting

Hmm, I would make sure my closest friends got nice new Tracker Bass boats(50hp size). My family would have no bills to pay, neither would I(paid tuition). Then a small boat for myself, and 10 nice rods/reels...About all I would do aside from bank lot's of money so when I'm done College I can go out west and explore for a year or so.

Funny thread BRF, on my Birthday(18) in a few days I'll be buying myself a few lotto tickets...who knows??

I'd really like a 22-24 foot walk around cuddy sportfish boat with all the toys parked in the harbour in town, Grimsby. Would maybe move it to Erie for a couple of weeks during prime walleye time. My wife would get an equal $ amount to remodel the inside of our smallish home with maybe a sunroom addition out the back. I'm already retired but investing the rest would enable us to do a few things with more cconfidence in these economic times .

Pay off the bills and mortgage, buy a new house, buy a new truck, get 2 new atv's, 2 new snowmobiles, spend about $10,000 on new fishing and hunting equipment, make sure the kids will be set for college and save the rest for retirement.

Yes i have been planning for it :D

not to sound strange but the first thing I would do if I had a bonus million right around Christmas would be to make sure that some local famalies had a christmas to celebrate

:worthy: good call!

Then I'd finish renovating my house so I could sell the damn thing and move to town, where I'd build a new house on a nice lot. Nothing big, fancy or overly expensive...just new. Next up, a couple of well maintained used vehicles for the wife and I...The rest would be invested and saved for my kids educations and retirement.

ahhh, but alas, I don't even buy lottery tickets and I really can't complain about anything, so might as well just enjoy what life throw's at me.

cheers,

UF

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

A nice fish diner and a musical with the wife.. and then invest the rest at a guaranteed 5% or more and sit back and relax. Sounds like most here would be broke again by weeks end ! :D

lol that's what I was thinkin' Irish!

I just priced out a new house in the summer and our ideal home would run us about $250,000. That's just a modest 1500 sq foot bungalow on a decent lot. Then toss in another $50,00 for two vehicles and I'm down to $700,000.

By the time I factor in the kids educations and a little money to help out my family I've easily spent half a million or more!

So all I have left is my invested retirement money..... and I don't even have a new boat or fancy ride! <_<

A million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to!

Cheers,

UF

If I was given a million dollars.. and had to keep it fishing related:

1. 20' Lund boat with a massive Verado on the back

1a. Buy a 2009 GMC Yukon to tow my new boat

2. Renovate my house and garage in order to store the boat

3. Probably about $100,000 in fishing gear

4. Buy a couple of nice fishing boats for my closest friends