A wonderful bittersweet evening

HTHM

As some of the members here know, my father passed away early this morning. So to help me deal with my grief and loss my oldest child and her fiance took me out fishing tonight..........boy does she know her Dad. It was just what I needed! Did not catch a thing except for relief.

I found out the most gratifing thing a father could hear; not only do my children love me, they also like me.

I will miss my Dad terribly, but I will also thank him every time I pick up a tool and use it with skill. Most of my skills I aquired from his teaching. He taught me to weild a pipe wrench, screwdriver, hammer, but most importantly the value of family. So I say again, thanks Dad!

HEEMSKERK, Peter At West Lincoln Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, August 26, 2009, Peter Heemskerk of Welland, in his 85th year. Dear father of Riese and Lucy Heemskerk, Case and Ann Heemskerk, Jane and Wayne Oosterhoff, Peter and Hilda Heemskerk, Bill and Theresa Heemskerk, Geri and Kevin Hutchinson and Albert and Margaret Heemskerk. Loving grandfather of 50 grandchildren and 29 great-grandchildren. Pre- deceased by his wife Gertrude (2006) and his grandson Jordan (2006). Visitation will be held at the Covenant Canadian Reformed Church at Grassie on Friday, August 28th from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. The Funeral Service will be conducted from the church on Saturday, August 29th at 10:00 a.m. Interment at Lane Cemetery to follow. Special thanks to the staff at Maple Crest Lodge in Grimsby and the staff on C Ward at W.L.M.H. Psalm 121. Arrangements entrusted to: Lampman Funeral Home, 724 Canboro Road, Fenwick, 905-892-4701.

Sounds like you brought that girl up right Albert.

I am sure your father will be well remembered at her wedding. And by the looks of your father's write up you have lots of people to share his great memories with.

Best wishes, tight lines, and warm thoughts.

Jim