I need a new boat! HELP!

Big Cliff

OK, I am looking for a new boat and a little overwhelmed at all the choices that are out there: Here are some of my criteria, all help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

1999 - 2009 ( am some what flexable on price but don't want to blow the budget I only get out about 15 to 20 times a year and when fishing usually only go a mile or two from the house)

15-17' suitable for fishing or just taking the wife for a ride V or modified V hull

welded aluminum hull

must have full windshild

75% of maximum rated horse power outboard

kicker motor

carpeted floor

good quality fish finder and GPS (not necessarly combined)

I'd prefer to get a brand of motors that I can get serviced locally so mercury, honda, yamaha...

I don't need a trailer

So, any or all suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Cliff, go take a look over at Buckeye Marine, they might have something for ya. Otherwise, sniff around some of the marinas and small dealers and repair shops, there might be something around that will tickle your fancy.

this may be an option if you feel like a drive to Orillia.............

BOAT SHOW STARTS TODAY

Enjoying summer sports may just be what people need to relieve the stress of an unstable economy, said the organizer of a local boat and cottage show.

With 80 to 100 boats of all sizes for sale, the Spring Boat, Cottage and Outdoor Show which runs from today through Sunday, offers just that, Doug Bunker said.

"Everybody's a little bit nervous (about the economy), let's face it. But I think people still come up and use their cottages, or their boats," Bunker said. "They'll still spend their money on things that cause less stress in life."

The annual in-water boat show fills the Port of Orillia's docks with new and pre-owned boats from inflatables to offshore performance and fishing boats to cruisers, he said.

The show offers private and commercial owners an opportunity to sell their boats.

"Where else can you go and try the boat out right there in Lake Simcoe?" Bunker said. "Most people put down a deposit to pay for gas, to avoid joy riders."

The event's attendance was dampened last year by a combination of unpleasant weather and high gas prices.

"It affected not only sales, but general attitude up there," Bunker said.

There will be displays and vendors, including marine safety demonstrations and boat licensing information, he said.

There will also be a high-performance boat poker run tomorrow to support the Orillia volunteer firefighters, Bunker said.

"They're big, they're fast they're 1,000 horse-power and they're pretty amazing boats," he said. "They're like the Formula One of the boating industry."

The boats leave from the Port of Orillia at 10 a. m. to officially start in the Atherley Narrows, Bunker said.

They will travel from Orillia to Cooks Bay, Lagoon City and down to Barrie for lunch before returning to Orillia at approximately 3 p. m.

Article ID# 1609982

Hi Cliff, you have a PM.

If I was lucky enough to live on the water as you do and not have to trailer, I would probably buy a glass boat. I prefer comfort these days, but that's just me!

J...

After getting a lot of excellent feedback I would definatly now also consider a Princecraft. I would like to try to buy locally and the more Sue and I look, the more we think that buying new is the way we will go. It'll probably be the last boat and motor package we ever buy so we might as well get EXACTLY what we want.

I'll be checking out Princecraft boats in the next few days.

Sent Fish Farmer a PM

Will try to get over to that show

Anymore thoughts or suggestions are always appreciated.

Cliff

I didn't want to sway you in any way Cliff, but the largest Princecraft dealer in the world is a sponsor of this community. Marc or myself can probably get you the best price....even after you've finished haggling with them. Give it a thought.

Hugs to Sue.

Well to be honest with you Roy, part of the reason I am even looking for a new boat is because of how impressed I was with Marc's setup.

Here is one that Sue and I are considering.

Our boat?

I am thinking that this boat with a 50 on it? I don't need a trailer (other than getting it into the Trent Severen waterway) or towing cover as it would be stored inside on my marine railway when not in use. I really don't need a top for it as Sue and I wouldn't be going out in it in bad weather anyway.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Cliff.....

Hopefully I am not too late with this.....but A friend of my Father is looking for a boat too (they live in Lindsay) and apparently there is some event at Buckeye marine in Bobcaygeon (I am not affiliated with them in any way.....just heard about it and wanted to pass it on) this weekend....or today at least. I believe they sell Princecraft, and I know they sell Legend....thats where my Father bought his a few years ago.....they even delivered the boat (by water...my parents used to live on Kennedy Bay by the marina)....hopefully you see this in time if you didnt already know about it (and I hope the info is correct and that my Fathers friend is not full of it :) )

Bill

Well to be honest with you Roy, part of the reason I am even looking for a new boat is because of how impressed I was with Marc's setup.

Our boat?

I am thinking that this boat with a 50 on it? I don't need a trailer (other than getting it into the Trent Severen waterway) or towing cover as it would be stored inside on my marine railway when not in use. I really don't need a top for it as Sue and I wouldn't be going out in it in bad weather anyway.

FYI - I've got the same size boat with a 50 4 stroke Merc. It goes up to about 30mph. Cruises nice at 20mph. It is a great motor!

Looks like a nice boat Cliff. I'd really think long and hard about the power though. Max it out!! You won't regret it, and it does make a difference. I'm not talking speed, just overall responsiveness and handling. If you don't do it now, it will be more $ down the rd.

My boat is rated for a 40, I put a 30 on it and its a whole different rig. I didn't like it at all. With the 40, its great!!

S.

Our boat?

That's a nice looking boat, Cliff.

The only thing missing seems to be a rear pedestal seat/fishing deck? On a boat over 16' long there seems no reason not to have room for one.