Family Fishing Fun

Marty

For the Memorial Day holiday, the whole family headed out to a local farm pond for some panfish and bass fishing. We also took my nephew Carson with us. Carson had only fished one time as a very young child and asked to come along. Of course, it wasn't a problem. This pond is loaded with big bluegills and sunfish and yields the ocassional 5 or 6 pound bass. Yesterday didn't give us a big one but it sure put out alot of fish.

Some of you have met Dawson, my 6 year old son. He lives to fish (Sorry WFN). He baits hooks and helps take the fish off and release them. He just has to touch every fish that's caught. Here he is with his big smile (and hat autographed by Dave Mercer) knowing the fish he caught on a tube was bigger than mine:

med_gallery_12_612_221122.jpg

He had a blast:

med_gallery_12_612_334355.jpg

Haley and Hannah, my 10 year old twins also got into the act. They put a hurtin on the fish. Here's Haley:

med_gallery_12_612_288717.jpg

med_gallery_12_612_173724.jpg

And Hannah:

med_gallery_12_612_23789.jpg

med_gallery_12_612_29787.jpg

Ally, my 8 year old, showed me how it's done:

med_gallery_12_612_23800.jpg

med_gallery_12_612_10717.jpg

Finally, Sarah, the 3 year old, liked to catch them but she didn't want to touch them:

med_gallery_12_612_292618.jpg

med_gallery_12_612_245135.jpg

One of the best parts of this trip was taking my nephew Carson. He only fished once as a youngster but he's 10 now. He had a smile the entire time. He told me that he now wants to go fishing with us whenver we go. Gotta love that (and he sure knows his football too):

med_gallery_12_612_83151.jpg

med_gallery_12_612_27124.jpg

It was a great day with the family. I was so proud of all of them. They didn't want to leave. Can't wait to get back out there.

Now thats an epic report ... Great family you got there bro , the smiles say it all . the fish dont have to be huge , good times with family and friends cant be beat ..one of the best reports Ive saw in a long time .

Edited by capt bruce

I've been trying to reply to your post for a while today and let me tell you Marty that this is one of my favorite reports.... The little ones seemed to be having a blast in hooking different species of fish and like others said, they're smiles says it all B)

You just can't beat a day like that!!! truly an awesome day by the water.... Congratulations :clapping:

Leechman

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Spiel, I'm not sure we're going to make it this year but Dawson keeps telling me he wants to have his birthday party at Lakair. I told him we may have problems with the guest list.

Rob, change isn't always a good thing.