Daddy / Daughter outing...

ccmtcanada

With Bly away at her girl's weekend away, I asked my little on what she wanted to do today. She said go see Big Cliff and Sue and fish! Well, I knew Big Cliff wasn't in town (hopefully see a report from him!!), but I said we could take the boat out to Sturgeon Lake and maybe see Sue if she was at home.

We got to the boat launch at 10ish. This was the first time I launched the boat by myself, so I was glad to see the launch was empty when we got there. As it turned out, the dock hand there helped me launch...so that was great! Anyhow, we got out on the water and had a great time! No whining, no crying, no complaining at all. My daughter was great too!!! LOL. She started catching fish right away...and I...well...didn't do as well. I don't care about numbers....I go for quality...well...she not only had the most fish, she also had the biggest. :wallbash:

Here's a few pics...

01syd.jpg

02kiss.jpg

Around 2 in the afternoon, my little one wanted to see if Sue was at home, so we headed to their dock. We hadn't even tied up yet, when Sue and Andy came out to greet us! It had been too long since we were last there to visit, so we were glad she was home. We went in and chatted for a bit before we went to load the boat back on the trailer.

04sue.jpg

Getting the boat out of the water was a bit more difficult alone, but wasn't that bad. After we had everything done, my little one asked me if we could shore fish the marina for a bit, so after getting permission, she put on a clinic. The carp were in thick spawning, but she managed to aim for weeds and pulled out panfish after panfish.

05dock.jpg

08syd.jpg

07perch.jpg

06perch.jpg

It was getting late, but she didn't want to leave, so I had to bribe her with a Blockbuster movie in order for us get back in the car. We spent the whole day together...the best part was when she hugged me out in the boat and said "This is the first time just you and me fished in the boat Daddy...thanks."

That is so sweet of her to say thanks!!! Bet she'll want another go at it soon....

Great report and pics Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

You guys sure got to spend quality time together and she got into quantity :clapping:

Great job!!! and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Give yourself an extra pat on the back Cliff. Days like that give you a good 'warm fuzzy' inside that's hard to beat. :clapping:

With the pretty face your daughter has, you'll soon need to invest in an old shotgun and some rusty nails :lol:

Congrats Cliff, on another great memory for you both (and for us!)

This is the kind of magic that you can't put into words when your friends are asking you if they should have kids or not. What else are we here for eh?

Thanks again.

Jim

That was a great report Cliff!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

It looks like any young man that wants to win your daughters heart is going to have to own a boat! ;)

I'm sorry... but I can't help but chuckle and snicker at your descriptions of launching and trailering the boat!!! :w00t:

I really do wish there was some way I could be there to help you with the boat... by taking pics and vids and posting them here to embarrass the poop out of you!!! B)

As mentioned before, great report... thanks for taking the time to post that one!!! :clapping:

Thanks Cliff for the report.I really enjoy seeing parents out fishing with htere kids.Oh you should thank Bly for going on her girls weekend.Because you ended up with the better deal.A great memory.

Dan

Edited by Percher

hey cliff.... looks like it was a great daddy / daughter day for you....

What type of fish are those little ones your daughter caught?

My daughter caught a mess of them today too, and I just don;t know what they are?

thanks

splashhopper and botbot

Great report Cliff. Looks like an awesome daddy-daughter day you two had.

I'm guessing she takes after Bly when it comes to fishing...They both out-fish you :lol:

The question remains...When's she going to get her first carp? :thumbsup_anim:

hey cliff.... looks like it was a great daddy / daughter day for you....

What type of fish are those little ones your daughter caught?

My daughter caught a mess of them today too, and I just don;t know what they are?

thanks

splashhopper and botbot

08syd.jpg

That is a Redear Sunfish!

Sounds like an awesome day Cliff. Roy told us that you had posted some great shots of Sydney putting on a clinic for her Dad. When BC talked to Sue yesterday she was surprised that he already knew that you guys had dropped in to see her... :w00t:

Edited by John