NEW Personal Best!!! (it's a boy)

What a BRUTE!

My wife Ginny was 90lbs soaking wet before she got pregnant with our second child, and painfully gave birth to an 8lb 1 ouncer on Monday April 27th @ 2:58 p.m. Our daughter was only 5lbs so this was quite the feat. It went so fast they couldn't give her any hard-core drugs, and she took it like a champ!

Introducing future fishing freak, Luke Douglas Gaston Bonin.

2865_75402441579_502461579_2245630_.jpg

2865_75402481579_502461579_2245637_.jpg

2865_75402576579_502461579_2245651_.jpg

2865_75402531579_502461579_2245645_.jpg

2865_75402451579_502461579_2245632_.jpg

Sorry about all the pics, but we decided he was a keeper so it wouldn't hurt to take so many! ;) I can't wait to get him out on the water with his big sister!

In a completely unrelated, but fishing related topic, a few weeks back I took the boat out for a few hours on Long Point Bay. I was cruising along at around 20mph in very familiar water when I struck a sunken ice hut that some jack - :asshat: decided to let sink through the ice this spring. My wife's cousin is a commercial fisherman in the area and has pulled out 3 himself.

Anyways, the incident left me with some minor but annoying damage on the prop. I checked the gear oil in the foot of my motor and it was a-ok, no signs of water getting in, but I'm not sure what to do about the prop? Can I just take a file to it, or do I have to purchase a new one and use this as a spare? I had a couple of tiny dings that were already there, but these ones are a little deeper.

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated. I already talked to some of the boys on here and they suggested bringing it to a shop out by Whitby, but I'm open for suggestions. Could these dings cause any other issues for my motor in the future (vibrations etc.) or am I ok to let it go for a little while?

Thanks - and have a good one.

Ryan

Congrats again Ryan! A keeper for sure. ;)

As for the prop, I'd fix or replace it. You can file it down and get it pretty close but it's pretty much impossible to know if it's properly balanced without the proper equipment.

It's now out of balance and over time can cause more serious damage to the motor. Noticed that Cabelas has props on sale now, might find a good deal. Probably costs about a $100 to fix. I had a quote last year to fix mine of $110 and ended up buying a new aftermarket for $130. So far so good. Also picked up a spare, just in case.

PS - You might want to do you own repairs on the damaged one and keep it for a spare as the damage isn't too bad. Pick up a new one as you main prop. Just a suggestion.

Edited by fishnsled

That is the sweetest looking PB I've ever seen dude!! Congrats to you and yours.. Apparently, we both like our ladies "pettite"!!

Here's to many many many more photo opps... Oops.. freestyle opp.. How many mikes do we rip on the daily.. Many money, say me say many many many!!

AAYYOOOOO!!

HD

Introducing future fishing freak, Luke Douglas Gaston Bonin.

Ryan

I know why you called him Luke! So you can say "Luke....I AM your father...." ;):D

Congrats and glad to hear everyone is doing well. The best advice I was ever told about having 2 or more kids is this. When feeding, holding or doing anything with the baby you are 100% engaged with the other child. So if you are feeding him, make sure you are talking to your daughter (making eye contact as much as you can) so she is less likely to be jealous. Good luck!

Geoff

Yep..... he's a real keeper and a dandy one :worthy:

Congratulations to both of you Ryan :clapping:

I'm sure that when the time comes you'll both have fun times on the water together!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful moment with us

Jacques

Good deal Ryan. I just put my 6 day old to bed. I have been on "big kid" duty this week during the days with my 2yr and 5yr olds. Then at 8pm I turn into a bottle/clothes/floor/_______ cleaner. Around 9:30 I get the pre-bed feeding. Now folding laundry and having a cocktail. Getting ready for tomorow.

Even when they're bad they're good!

Congrats Ryan!! Glad to see everything went well, and everyone is happy and healthy!!

Get your prop rebuilt. It should only be around $60 or so. I'd buy a new one anyways (assuming you don't already have a spare) and keep the rebuilt prop as a spare.

I don't know where to get it done in your area, but if your ever in this neck of the woods, The Prop Drop does a good job on mine.

Sinker