I'll Drill Your Thrill.

Moosebunk

Thanks for helping thru a blustery day Drew !!! Finally had time to sit down with lunch and read it thru. Some BEAUTY specimens in that one... some fish as well! :D

Blackburn's a good guy (Don)... his side kick with hims name is Andre Bradette... don't know him though. Don's been going there for years as has my neighbour down here Joe Dyer. They go up to fish and also a Hudson Bay goose hunt. I was actually going to surprise you and was supposed to go North with Joe to fish Kesagami this spring. If you see this airplane there on skis.. it's my buddy Joe from Waverly. You know what mine looks like..

8sept9.jpg

They're all level headed fellas... maybe even 411 Don in Cochrane and chat about how the bite died from the noise and work out a plan for being on the ice at the same time or different spots lol .

Edited by irishfield

Thats a great report, and a fine read to compliment my afternoon coffee!

By the way I've been meaning to ask...Do you ever NOT catch fish, or just get a few little ones by chance :dunno:

Thanks for sharing another northern adventure bud. :D

Cheers,

so here is what your reports have tought me! i am now able to read with my eyes closed (open them to look at pictures) but by doing this it makes my butt cold, my fingertips chilled, my face feeling the breeze, sunshine and soft falling snow! actually i think i just need to close the window and turn the heat back on it is only april! hahah but honestly Drew, your reports almost dont need to have any pictures, your ability to tell a story makes one feel like they are there beside you. enjoying the day without even being there. the quality of the fish always seem to get bigger and better congratulations on the PB pike and thanks for the read.

Matt!

Some folks have a Great Lake or Nipigon or some other big lake in their backyard... Kesagami is in mine. Fun lake to fish.

Thanks all for the replies.

Wayne... the more I chatted with Don the more I agree. Friendly guy from the onset and I liked having the company and talking about the areas fishing and his great stories of getting his plane stuck in the slush and catching big brookies. Came into the lake twice while I was there, kept his limit of eyes then flew over to a spot on a nearby river to fish specks. What a life. Thing is, as nice as he is, he can fly in and out anytime and when two people are sitting alone on a 30km long lake with NO PLANE, who have obviously chartered at a cost to them, they have chosen their spot and cannot relocate easily... I have to say it's rude on his part. Simple. Rude. Other planes came in and out on other days and they all kept a reasonable distance... of like 100 meters or more away. Don first day was on the ice first... shuttling over the snow when we set down near him. I backed off my favorite spot and ended up paying the price with the pike catches. Next trip with a good arm I could have nearly chucked a snowball to their planes when they landed beside us. I was considering giving him a blast for it, but again, he is a nice fella and my wife's cooler head settled me quick. If you ever fish there Wayne, you would easily learn that his being on top of us was totally unnecessary... especially if his quarry is a limit of eyes.

DNB CBR : "I have to ask tho, is Kesagami's single barbless hook policy not valid in the winter?"

I should have taken time out at least one of the four years in a row, while I had a CO checking my lines, rigs, fish and card, to ask him this same question. ;)

I believe it's a lodge policy, not a lake policy. Not sure though, so, if you know different please pass that info along to me.