I'm Hooked Maybe have a Problem!

GeorgeJ

I find myself with OFC on whenever I can, I take my laptop out to the shop have OFC on keep hitting the refresh button to stay up to the latest subject matter at hand. When I'm in the car I have it on my BB, I try not to be the driver when ever I can. I wish I could comment more on fishing subjects but for now all I can do is read them and put my 2 cents in on other topics. I'm fairly new and maybe after some time it might get to a normal amount of time to spend on the computer, but I see there are some members with thousands of posts so maybe not. At least getting out and actually fishing will provide a break in the OFC addiction, but then again maybe I will have some fishing reports, Hopefully!

I hear ya George..... I'm as guilty as you LOL

The only time I don't look at this wonderful site is when I go out fishing :lol:

and let me tell ya, if it's any consolation.... it doesn't get any better with time.... that I can tell ya LOL

So to answer your question.... we're both hooked LOL

Leechman

boy are you lucky

you have only been hooked for about 2 months, I have been hooked for many many years, looking for the next fix, sneaking on peoples computers and deleting cookies and history on my work computers so no one would know how much I was on this site, oh yeah I got it bad...

I am in the same boat (tee he he). I think that the season definitely has a bearing on the situation. But as a for instance, I just sat down at the computer to do some work on an on-line course that I am taking and here I am!

It's face book for fishermen.

I too can hardly wait to post some fishing related stuff.

Jim

Hey, at least its not crack!!

LOL That's what I tell my gf or parents whenever I spend 500 bucks on fishing gear.

"I could be doing drugs dad, instead I decided to get a new baitcaster, I could take it back and buy a crack pipe if you would prefer though."

I'm on here constantly though except the summer months when I don't have internet.

You guys are sick!! I'm here banning folks as fast as new ones are registering to try to keep costs and bandwidth usage down.

OK, you're right, it IS addictive. It's addictive because we all enjoy fishing, we've all made some friends here, we can talk about almost anything and we (some more than others) always try to help another member out with a situation or problem. Keep it up, it's nice to see folks show up for a yak anytime of the day or night.

Good stuff, thank you for being a part of it.

LOL That's what I tell my gf or parents whenever I spend 500 bucks on fishing gear.

"I could be doing drugs dad, instead I decided to get a new baitcaster, I could take it back and buy a crack pipe if you would prefer though."

I'm on here constantly though except the summer months when I don't have internet.

Thats what I used to tell my parents haha!

They'd say ... 300 bucks for a tournament? I'd say, would you rather it be a fishing tournament or an 8 ball? EXACTLY! I'm glad I took the fishing route, because too many of my acquaintances chose the latter of the two.

Well I have to say I've been using the internet ever since it became 'mainstream' in 1993. It takes a damn good site with relevant, fresh, and interesting content to keep me as a daily visitor. An even better one to make me visit several times a day. I can truly say there are only about 8 websites that accomplish this, and about four that accomplish this best, and OFC is one of them! Yes I love to fish, and have not found a site better than this one related to it. The wealth of knowledge shared here is priceless. Am I addicted? Yes, just as much as fishing to this board! But its a GREAT addiction. I just forked about 500 bucks on gear, I am a frugal spender, but have never regretted a fishing related purchase!

Lets put it this way,

I have about 5 or 6 forums in my favorites,

This is the only Canadian based forum of those 5 or 6,

I Live in the U.S. (ny)

Im here 90% of the time and checking my local forums 10% of the time

This place is so addicting that ive foresaken my own country lol

It's not a problem to be on this site all day unless...heck I've got nothing...

I'm here every day, ALL DAY (when I can be) and my wife & kids think I'm nut's. So I tell her "would you rather I surf xxx all day?" and she replies with "kids look at that fish on the computer"... :D