Some Simcoe Whities

Joey

Paul is feeling much better and is scheduled to go back to work Monday, so I decided to take one day off work to be with him on his last day off work. We decided to do what else.... go fishing :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

We left early for Simcoe and it was a bit damp out, not really raining, and quite warm.

We got out to our spot and set up.

The fog rolled in pretty quick. Took a shot of some huts in the disance.

3314094501_f8d12c41e5_b.jpg

Paul doing a jig.

3314095105_50103b5215_b.jpg

First fish on :clapping:

3314095733_bb13528f3c_b.jpg

3314096383_4dffaa2758_b.jpg

My Turn.

3314096961_337cc0473b_b.jpg

A little guy for Paul, thought it was a herring.

3314097679_dc38a9a271_b.jpg

It rained pretty good for a bit so I decided to fish in the hut. Then all heck broke loose and a wind came along out of nowhere and almost blew everything away. The hut flipped back and Paul's chair and helmet went for a ride down the lake.

After retrieving our stuff and securing the hut, we fished once more.

Paul got this guy but I couldn't get my hut zipper all the way open anymore because everything that was wet a few moments ago was now frozen :rolleyes:

3314098365_338f681e3e_b.jpg

My turn for a nice one - 22.5 inches, woohooo. More inches for Team 5 :thumbsup_anim:

3314923712_1b0f2ec585_b.jpg

And another one for Paul :o who totally outfished me today. Not sure what has happened to the universe. Think it must be off its axis :lol:

3314099961_7f75c29fde_b.jpg

So I was 2 for 4 and Paul was 8 for 12. We only kept our limit tho and look forward to having a nice Whitefish dinner. Packing up gear that was rained on then frozen was not fun tho.

Might head back out tomorrow or Sunday, weather permitting. B)

Paul's back did pretty good. Made sure he sat on a chair instead of a bucket and just took it easy.

Cheers,

Joey

Great report and pics Joey :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love it when the fishies come out to play :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations to both of you on catching those beautiful whities :clapping:

Talk about crappie weather.... certainly didn't matter much as long as the bite was on

Again great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Great report, pictures, nice fish! Well that's definitely an encouraging sign of fish activity, I'm heading up tomorrow morning for some perch/pike action myself! Which part of the lake were you fishing? Hope to get into whitefish/trout next year.

We were just out at Innisfil.

Excellent report Joey and really glad to hear that Paul is feeling better. Those sure are some nice fish!

Please be careful out there, conditions are changing really fast, this morning there was a pressure ridge out in front of our place, in the last two hours it has disapeared and there is now a 100' wide stretch of open water North and South as far as I can see. With the cold temps they are calling for tonight this will likely skim over and anyone trying to go across there will be in serious trouble.

Nice catch ! , i was out in that crap too ! Fished on the ice for 30 mins untill the rain soaked us to the crack and the wind picked up bigtime. Then we headed to the hut for a couple of hours. Cooled off so much by the time i got home my coveralls wer frozen solid and could almost stand on their own. The 4 of us ended up with 5 whities and 3 trout.