Lakers and Walleye, together at last

trapshooter

I pretty much had my 'dream' day yesterday.

Plan was to get up early and hit the morning walleye bite on Lac Seul. Three of us set out from Sioux Lookout on the sleds around 7:30.

Shortly after 8 we were set up. Within 30 seconds of reaching bottom, the first walleye was on. The action was fast, lots of active fish around. Nothing very big, but by 11 we were limited out. (for those counting.... I had 1 fish at home in the freezer).

IMGP0274.JPG

So, it's 11am and we're limited out on walleye. It didn't take us long to decide that we should hit up a lake trout lake for the afternoon.

The laker lake is called Big Vermillion and was a good 25 min sled ride from where we were on Lac Seul.

We got set up again on Big V before noon. By the time my buddy even had a line in the water I had landed 2 small lakers. Action was extremely fast when we arrived.

IMGP0278.JPG

IMGP0280.JPG

IMGP0281.JPG

The spot is a reef close to an island that has a steep drop off to a large basin. Most fish came out of @ 40 FOW. Action was sporadic. They would turn on for 15 mins at a time and be chasing and hitting everything then someone hit the off switch and they'd start lazily following our baits but not hitting.

IMGP0283.JPG

IMGP0284.JPG

My buddy Graham

IMGP0288.JPG

IMGP0287.JPG

IMGP0291.JPG

Graham with the last fish of the day.

IMGP0293.JPG

We fished until 5 and packed up. All the trout today were between 18 and 22" so nothing very big. I lost a hammer after it took a huge drag screaming run. Still thinking about that one. Tube jig was good today and so were gulp plastics on a jig head. Nothing on metal, spoons or Cicadas etc.

Back at er this afternoon :thumbsup_anim: