Pics from the past.

Bernie

Going through some pictures from the past, scanning and saving. Came across some from dads collection of thousands. Thought you may like to see.

This is in front of what is now my place in August 1958.

Cottage1958.jpg

Three of my dads good friends circa 1967 on thier annual fishing trip to the French River. They still do this.

ScannedPowassan_0013.jpg

This is, I am guessing from the 1940's.

ScannedPowassanStuff_0001.jpg

This is my Mom. She is like Snow White. LOL. Really she loves everything.Feeds everything, even me once in a while. Ha Ha Ha !!!!

IMG_0039.jpg

This is my Dad, must be around 1950. Youngest of the bunch of Gieslers. Great man!

DadSpeedboat_0002.jpg

This is the Giesler Boat works crew from around 1947-49?

Great photo. My dad on the left.

IMG_0010.jpg

Great to see all those old fishing,camping family pics of long ago bernie !!!! i have several photo albums of my grandfathers of over 40yrs of owning a fishing lodge,lots of big,big fish pics including a few of the over 40lb muskies to win the molson big fish contest !!!but i have no way to scan them,ill try one day,thanks for sharing...

Bernie.. Awesome old photos! Man your mom was a looker! and your right... she loves everything and is sweeter then sugar!... your dad was quite the strapping young buck back in the day! Two nicer people I have not met in some time. Your family has quite the history in the near north.. something you should be proud of and cherish!

Thanks for sharing with us.

G

Thanks guys. Yes I am fortunate. And I am thankful.

These photos are just a couple of the hundred or so I scanned today. There are likely a few thousand more. Lots of work to put them into digital.

My dad was an avid amatuer photograher years ago. He did wedding photos but hated it. He preferred other stuff. Had some very good equipment in his darkroom. Still has a lot of it.

All kinds of picture formats too. The most intriguing ones are stereo slides. The camera had two lens's and exposed the negative twice. When developed and put into a dual slide and viewed it was 3D. I love to look at them, almost as if you are there.

It's these kind of pictures that I really like. Old times-good times.

Powassan.jpg

Excellent photos Bern!!! :clapping:

You can post more any time you feel like it in my opinion!!! :thumbsup_anim:

A very good lookin' family... what happened to you??? ;)

misfish Posted Today, 03:29 PM

Very cool ty

Now my question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How old is GCD

Try not to be such an Arsenic :asshat: Brian! :w00t:

Wow Bernie! These are awesome pictures...my mom has a bunch of photos that I want to get scanned as well...amazing looking at them...thanks for that blast into your past!

Cliff I just used my home scanner for these. They are pretty versatile. But some of the prints dad made are huge and won't fit the scanner.

They are suitable for framing and will get done.

Luv the Ole Black and Whites. I wonder if your Dad finds the fishing better now or then?

Holdfast the fishing now pales in comparason to what it once was.

A very good lookin' family... what happened to you??? ;)

Ha, not sure Coach. Redundant genes I guess.

These were my great grandparents. Maybe from them? :lol:

File0006.jpg

This is my Uncle Joe carving up the next boat part. Sometime in the 1940's it appears. He still does this to this day (on the same band saw). He is in his 80's

ScannedPowassanPics_0002.jpg

Edited by Bernie

Wonderful Bernie!

Over the past few weeks I have been tracing and attempting to complete a proper family history. I have most of the names, dates and details and over the holiday my grandmother was able to provide with photos. I have spent several hours working with them and have many more to do. There was also an envelope containing very old negatives. My scanner will turn negs into photos, cannot wait to see what and who they are. Managed to scan at least a few that date back to 1886 or so. Thanks for sharing your pictures Bernie and enjoy the history that comes with them!!

Thank you for the comments, glad you enjoy them. Busy putting together pictures from the past on my hometown and it has proven educational to me. Not a lot that would be interesting here though. As the pictures that relate to the environment here come up I will post them from time to time. Dad has 2 thousand slides alone. And prints and movies it will take a year or two to get it all digital. Here are a couple more oldies.

The hunt camp my grandpa bought way back. This looks like it was taken just before they built the one we use now in 1960.

KiltyLakeHuntCamp-1.jpg

This was taken in the old arena in Powassan sometime in the 1950's. I know these guys. A couple of them are still around here.

IMG_0005.jpg

This is Wades Landing early 1950's.

WadesLanding1958-1.jpg