10/20/08 pics!

Greencoachdog

Got on the water at noon yesterday, just as they fired up one turbine at the dam for generation! It was a cold day (70*F) hence the black T-shirt. ;) The fishin' wasn't as fast paced as last time but was still good!

First fish!

DSC01526.jpg

This fish came on the 3rd cast and hit real close to the back of the boat.

Second fish, I dropped the Roostertail down at the back of the boat where I'd caught the first one and the line went slack. Pulled back on the rod and the Roostertail stayed where it was, dang! Snagged on the grate!!! Reefed on the rod to free the lure and the snag bolted for open water!!! :w00t: After a good fight I brought this very respectable 19 1/2" Spot to the boat!

DSC01527.jpg

Then a nice sized little one!

DSC01529.jpg

Then my PB tie!!!

DSC01530.jpg

Unfortunately my PB is a 69" 150 lber.... me! (yeah I've done this before... the first time was in the knee!) I had just swung the 4th fish into the boat and reached out to grab the line to take the weight off the rod and unhook the fish, just as I touched the line the fish flipped off and the rod flexed back slingshotting the 1/4 oz Roostertail into my finger! Dammit Man!!!... Butthole pucker went to Defcon 4!

I wasn't about to screw up a good day fishin' by going to the doc and I didn't want to just snatch the hook out with the pliers, does more damage than good... I like my pain in smaller doses over an extended period of time :wallbash: So I started the "pushing thru" procedures. Ooooooo the nasty words I said while doing that!!! Push, mash flesh down on to the point, and cuss... repeat!

Finally got'er thru!

DSC01531.jpg

Cut the point and barb off...

DSC01532.jpg

As soon as I slid the hook back out the way it went in, the "Butthole pucker" went from Defcon 4 to "at ease" and I cut a huge fart of relief!!! Ahhhh! :whistling: Sat back and fired up a cigarette to regain my senses!

Good to go!

This is the little turd that slung the hook into my finger!

DSC01533.jpg

Was able to catch 2 more, and then they shut down the turbine and turned the water off.

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01535-1.jpg

When the turn the water off the fish go into "Lockjaw Mode", so I decided to go drag Sabiki rigs around.

Not much action on the Sabiki's for 3 hrs, 3 small Blue cats.

They turned the water back on at 5 pm, but the sun had come over the dam and there wasn't any shade so I knew that would be a bust... so I went to the long point at the creek/main river junction in hopes that the Spots would come up to feed. They didn't disappoint me!

Dragging Sabiki rigs loaded with live shiners and throwing my homemade wobble jigs, the action was pretty fast paced about 90 mins before sunset!

Caught oodles of dinker Spots casting the jig, and nothing real big on the Sabiki's... but it was fun!

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

The only Largie of the day

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

The Boudreaux fish showed up, and before I could get him back in the water he took me for a half a pack of smokes and my extra Bic lighter!... damn thief!!!

DSC01541.jpg

This was the biggest of the Blue cats.

DSC01543.jpg

This is what the Spots were puking up.

DSC01536.jpg

Little Threadfin Shad about 1 1/4" long.

It was a good day on the water despite the hook in the finger!

Edited by GCD

Looks like a good time Dawg. Yanno, I didn't really need to see the finger pics. Woulda taken your word for it. Some very nice fish there. Congrats on the PB tie. Those threadfins look good enough to eat. I guess y'all have to go out and buy a new hook eh? Aren't you glad you had the Gerber tool with you?

Thanks for posting Bubba.

Great detail report and pics Glen :thumbsup_anim:

Ouch :w00t: that must of hurt :stretcher:

Never happen to me but happen to my niece..... she had the treble hooks imbedded into the back of her head :w00t:

Nevertheless you had a great day on the water and some good looking spots :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Been there a few times GCD. Glad it punched through easy enough. It's a lot worse when someone else gets hooked and they ask you to get it out, Yeesh!!

2 best first aid tools in the boat, a good set of plier/cutters for hooks, and duct tape for even the worst pike gash. Last gash i got was 2 inches long, shoulda had stitches. Got back to civilization 4 days later and it was sealed up pretty good.