Just got back from posting this...

Beans

Warning

Anti-Freeze Spills

Due to somebody’s neglect to clean up / cover up a spill, our small cat died a horrible death…(burnt mouth and stomach, complete renal shutdown of kidneys and liver)

No animal deserves to die this way be it a dog, cat. skunk, raccoon, fox, etc.

We are posting this in the hope that your pet does not suffer the same fate and that our beloved “Rocky” did not die in vain…

I know that lots of us on the board drive old cars or like to do their own "flush and fills" but please be carefull to mop up afterwards...

So long Rocky...we sure miss you...

Geeeze...Who da thought a hard-bitten old wino from the corner of Coxwell and Queen St would get all blubbering over some silly little cat... :dunno:

Edited by Beans

So sorry Norm. Most of us think the same way that you do about our feline and canine buddies. It is well known that anti-freeze is lethal to dogs and cats and unfortunately it seems to have a sweet pleasant taste to them.

Nothing silly about your feelings for Rocky.

John...

Sorry about your much loved pet . . . . no shame in 'blubbering' about it . . . . these creatures are 'family,' and can become very attached. I certainly hope this was purely accidental, and not somebody purposely setting this out for racoons, skunks & other pests!

Lossing a loved one is tough, human or otherwise! My condolonces upon your bereavement of a fine fellow. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to properly store our waste from our autos. Not only can it be marful to the environment but also can cause tradgey's such as this.

I'm sorry to hear about Rocky, Norm - and thanks for bringing this up. About three weeks ago I replaced a water pump on my Tahoe. I removed the old one and picked up the new one on the way to work using my van. While I was at work, I left the drain pan under the vehicle for at least 12 hours. Any number of critters could have gotten into it. I won't be doing that again. It would have taken an extra two minutes to tidy up.

-Brian