What Kind Of Fishing Do You Do?

ccmtcanada

What Kind of Fishing do you MOSTLY do?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one...

• Shore/Dock (Lake Fishing)
    • Boat (Lakes/large rivers)
    • Tributary/River fishing (too small for boats)
    • Doesn't matter...I'll fish anywhere

Looking back on the last two years, here's me schedule:

Spring = sliver kings and browns

Summer = more kings, rainbows, the odd bass and eye trip

Fall = even more kings, rainbows, browns, smallies, ski's and eye's

Winter = rainbows and browns and lakers

No, the boat never get's put away :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by SHAD

I pretty much fish anything & everything.....Allthough we are all waiting for ice to come i also cannot wait for APRIL TO GET HERE getting up at 3.30am to go to a great perch spot to do some great very early morning perch fishing. Been doing that every yr for the last four yrs now. Roll on April. :D:Gonefishing:

Were ever the fish be....

9x outta 10 im on the rivers in my float boat, but I hit some small inland lakes as well in the float boat or canoe.

But then again I hit the big water lakes a few times in a rental boat now and then...and of course fish the Shore for steelhead in the fall, and also spring sometimes.

No real favorite....I prefer the trips I catch fish :P

my breakdown for a typical year:

boat 60%

trib 15%

ice 25%

although i really only fish from boat in the summer, fall/winter brings trib fishing and ice fishing (weather permiting of course). i try to get the boat out as early as i can in the spring.

regardless, i try to get out at least once a week(year round) to do some sort of fishing.

The first of the year I generally start off on the ice (but not THIS year, obviously) . . . perch, lakers & whities, and crappie, if I can find the elusive wee boogers! Weather permitting I sometimes hit a few shore spots where rainbows hang out, then by April, ice is gone (hopefully) and again it's perch, crappies or rainbows. The Lake Simcoe sucker run is a lotta fun, I find the Beaverton area about the best spot to hang a chunk of worm under a slip float, light panfish gear, 3 or 4 pound test . . . . a 3 to 5 pound sucker can put up a good scrap! In between I've sometimes tried washin' lures along the lakefront for pike . . . got a quite a surprise last weekend when one hit hard enough on a red & white Daredevyl to almost take my rod. One jump, with a few violent headshakes, and thanks to me, some slack line and the spoon flew one way, and the pike, the other!! There goes my theory that pike are lethargic in cold water, THIS one sure wasn't, had to be 10+ pounds!! Then, by mid to late April . . . . what I live for CARP!! Nothing like hearing your buzzer scream as 25 pounds of carp takes off like a freight train, almost smoking up your reel!! I fish them . . . . EVERYWHERE . . . until the salmon start to come in if conditions are right, by early August, usually in the wee hours. Then, by October, back to rainbows, and perch, and the cycle starts again! Ain't life great??

Salmon and trout on the great lakes are my favourite, but big water walleye

are a close second. I'll do some ice fishing for just about anything, but I'm usually

after lakers and whitefish.

I used to fish the rivers for trout when I was younger, but haven't been for quite some time.

I LOVE BEING IN THE BOAT ON BIG WATER BECAUSE IT USUALLY MEANS BIG FISH !!! :D

In the summer I downrig at the cottage (Chrisitan Island - Georgian Bay) for steelhead, salmon and lake trout, and head up back home (White River) for two weeks every summer for pike, pickerel and specks...in the winter I fish simcoe for perch and whities and head back home for a week to hit the pike and splake...

This summer we had our best pickerel fishing in a long time on a lake back home - one after another until our limit for about two hours near sundown...

Although not really sportsmanlike (but nonetheless legal), we did some dipfishing for whitefish this fall near home - 65 over 4 nights. Had my brother brine and smoke half of them - still a couple left in the freezer...

When you grow up in White River fishing, you can never shake the addiction...

BD