Your favourite quote.. (NF/FR)

highdrifter

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war." - Julius Caesar

"Take it to the Mattresses." - Vito Corleone

"My father taught me many things. . . keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Mr Kane was a man who got everything he wanted, and then lost it. Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn't get or something he lost. Anyway, it wouldn't have explained anything. I don't think any word can explain a man's life. No, I guess Rosebud is just a piece in a jigsaw puzzle, a missing piece.

- Citizen Kane

I have nipples, Greg, would you milk me? - Meet the Parents, spoken by Robert de Niro

Edited by Gerritt

I am a Huge fan of the show, Rescue Me, which has many great quoates, not many i can put here but htis is a great one.

Janet: A pipe is leaking in the kitchen, and Roger is coming over for dinner.

Tommy: He can't fix it himself?

Janet: No, he's not good with tools.

Tommy: That's funny, seeing how he is one.

Johnny: So, you're not in jail yet?

Tommy: No. Why would I be in jail? Except for maybe killing you, which I would right now, except it would interupt my smoke.

--Denis Leary as Tommy Gavin

Not exactly an aphorism, but kinda good all the same, and again no known author that I can identify -

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

JF

My Dads favorite saying to me

Youll never miss the water till the well runs dry

My favorite

A deer leading Lions or

You look like a deer caught in the Headlights................Dumbfounded or surprised

"what we do in life echoes through eternity" Gladiator

" I'm your huckleberry" Doc holliday from the movie tombstone

" if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle"

unknown but makes for a good reply for someone who what ifs alot. lol

jason

There are tons of great quotes. I don't have any favorites. Each has its own time and place. For example, some of my best ones are not the quotes you'd use at a funeral or wedding...or even a candle lit dinner.

Most of the really fine quotes are not a product of thought/contemplation...they were just blurted out by someone at a very opportune time. And, on that thought, I'll leave you with "Never let your dingle-if dangle-if in the dust." ...as told to me by an old Welsh bud about 45 years ago.