Muskys and Pickeral! Lots of pics!

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Decided to go fishing with another board member. Sinker. Got up and drove to his place and we were on the lake by 7:00.

Drove to the first spot and it it wasn't long before I got my first pickeral. Then another, then another and it wasn't even an hour yet. Here are two of them.

P6120008.jpg

P6120007.jpg

Then Sinker gets a hit on his musky spinner bait and brings in another pickeral.

P6120010.jpg

Then it started pouring. And it got harder and harder. The forecast called for light rain so I didn't bring my rain gear. I was soaked.

We continued to fish and Sinker gets his first follow. A nice healthy Musky. Didn't commit......

Sinker noticed that everyone was working the same areas so decided to go to a spot that no one was working. Sinker gets a hit but it didn't commit it followed to the boat but was hard to make out.

A little later? I get a hit on my Musky spinner bait. Musky!! After a few jumps, she was in the boat. 40 inches.

Here she is. My first legal Musky of the season.

P6120002.jpg

Here's me fighting it.

P6120001.jpg

A little while later Sinker's Spinner gets smoked! After a brief fight brings it in and its another healthy fish. 39 inches and fat!!!His first legal Musky!

P6120004.jpg

Release shot.

P6120006.jpg

We are both pretty happy at this point.

Then he gets ANOTHER 38-40 inch fish follow to the boat!!Doesn't commit. I get a little snok rocket musky follow to the boat. Doesn't commit.

Then we got to spot number 3. We are working it with no luck. Then I tell Sinker to close his eyes. I start pulling out the secret weapons. Pull out my favourite crank bait, and was explaining to Sinker what a great pickerel lure this was. But it only works on certain lakes, so I will give it a try. First cast? Smack!! Fish on, Its a 18 inch pickerel.

P6120012.jpg

Sinker is in disbelief. Then I get a monster bird's nest and wasted at least 20 minutes getting it free.A little while latter? Whack!! Another pickeral in the boat. Just to show Sinker it wasn't a fluke.lol

P6120011.jpg

We were going to head to another of Sinker's spots but I say lets go back to the area we started at.

We do a drift and Sinker hooks a 40+ inch Mucky and is fat as heck!! After a brief fight and some acrobatics, the Musky spit out the hook!! Sinker's heart was pounding!lol

Went back to the first spot and sinker hooks two pickerel back to back on a grub. Then I hook one on a grub, while Sinker has one on two. Double header but his is a sunfish.

P6130015.jpg

P6130014.jpg

Sinker had to be home early so we called it a day.

There were probably more follows seen by Sinker that I cant remember. He was fishing mostly for musky and me mostly for pickerel. We also caught a few cigar pickerel that we released with no picture. We also caught some pan fish and bass. Sinker is definately the panfish king! He was slaying the sunfish.lol

Oh and I caught the WGSF!

P6120013.jpg

Well it was great meeting another OFC member. He is really a great guide and really knows his fishing! Hope to do it again soon!!

Hope you enjoyed my report.

Great day of fishin Johnny!! Was nice to meet ya, we'll have to do it again!!

That magic lure of yours was pretty cool. Johnny blindfolded me, tied it on, and would only let me look while it was in the water......I have no idea what it was......but it blew my mind when he caught a fish on the first cast with it.... :worthy: ....lucky I say... :dunno: ...then he nails another one... :blink: ...Geeze.....I'd better get me one of them!! LOL

Glad to finally put a musky in the boat.......on my line....LOL. I just finished telling johnny that whenever I take someone out musky fishing with me, they get all the fish. No sooner did I say that, and he's got one on :wallbash: ......frig.....I though for sure I was doomed! LOL I got mine minutes after though... :clapping::thumbsup_anim: ..thank the fish gods!!! :worthy:

The musky I lost went berzerk.....it hit about 10 ft out, and just went nuts on the surface. Flipping and twisting and jumping.....I had a bad feeling, then he spit my spinner back at me. Oh well......I know where he lives, and I have his number!!! I'll get him next time......

Great day, great company, and lots of action, and I just finished a killer fry of fresh eyes.......does it get any better than that? :thumbsup_anim:

Sinker

Nice job!

Some beauty fish there, the first musky is healthy looking guy...nice big head too.

Got some years to fill out yet I imagine!

Thanks for shareing.

By the way...I gotta ask

I've been kicking around on this board for long time, and still have no idea what "WGSF" means?

I know its a rock bass but whats the acronym WGSF mean anyway LOL...

WGSF= Worlds Greatest Sport Fish.

I believe Rich has the patent on that one....LOL.

Your right, Johnny's fish was a real beauty!! Very healthy, and thick. Nice to see this early in the season.

Sinker

Thats awesome! I usually fish eyes and muskies in the fall and they are always caught deep, Im just curious, at what depth were you catching those fish? I find it difficult in the hotter weather to locate those eyes sometimes. Any advice?