Gloucester Pool Thieves!!

F7Firecat

pleasure boater on the pool --- LOL! We have just achieved "on fire" status....nice! I hope you are feeling a bit better, F7Firecat....it was a dumb thing that happened...but it's a dumb world we live in :dunno:

Some piece of...work stole my tackle box last year while i was wading on the grand.I know it has nothing to do with this but it ticked me off.ahh well gave me a reason to buy a better ona and fill it up with better things and now i can look for him up there and hope i find him.

you can be upset... but I promise you if I found it wrapped around my prop... I would be PRAYING you had your name and number on it... a quick reverse lookup is all that would be required...

you're putting other people in jeopardy by leaving them out... If I would have seen them... they would have been thrown ashore.

Yeah, that's the main problem with tillers... you can't see where you're going.

In a perfect world, those markers should have set there all season... but guess what?

Doctrt: That's why you should park the truck against the trees, away from the ramp at the Maclean Lake launch. You should see some of the people that 'try' and launch a boat there, it's horrific

Scary thing is that I was two spots over from the launch!!

Not only is it dumb, reckless, and inconsiderate to leave those marker bouy's in the water overnight, not to mention for two days, it might even be illegal...so it serves you right. Hopefully you learned your lesson...but thats not likely either.

Edited by Tackle Buster

Shouldn't leave those little marker bouys for fishing over night anyways.. not on any lake especially one as busy as Gloucester Pool. For 2 reasons

1) YOUR GIVING YOUR SPOTS AWAY LOL! (Sorry couldn't help it)

2) It could get caught in somebody's prop and do damage OR a animal could get caught up in it.

I would tend to think someone trolling snagged it. I wouldn't throw it back in if I snagged it either I'd keep it.

Sorry man.. just my 2 cents ;)

Leaving them out overnight sort of implies you own the lake...them disappearing is gods way of letting you know its a public lake.

I find marker buoys helpful, I have loads of them, didn't know people bought them...LOL

Not only is it dumb, reckless, and inconsiderate to leave those marker bouy's in the water overnight, not to mention for two days, it might even be illegal...so it serves you right. Hopefully you learned your lesson...but thats not likely either.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

What kinda dumbdonkey leaves marker bouys at a fishing spot?

I knew to take them when i left a fishing spot when i was 12 yrs. old. :asshat:

This thread should be locked based on stupidity.

I fished Gloucester last year (parked at McLean Lake) and returned to find my front bumper had been creamed by someone. No note, no nothing left. Just a $600 repair bill.

Of all the posts,this is the real loss.

That sucks bud.

Edited by misfish

i duno... u left something out in a public area for 2 days.... shouldn't be surprised it's gone :rolleyes:

The person(s) who took it may think s/he's doing a good thing by taking away the junk that somebody was too lazy to remove after fishing.... who knows.

Edited by oncogene

Yeah were horse's asses because of you're serious lack of judgement...

It is always easier to blame others then to look in the mirror...

You screwed up, someone cleaned up after you.. Take you're lumps and move on..

but you are instead trying to start a riot..

Claiming theft... When infact I think that the person that did take you're markers was a Good Samaritan in my books... cleaning up the mess you left behind.

Please do me a favour.. leave a high end rod and reel in the water time.. so it is worth our while picking up after you.

G

What kinda dumbdonkey leaves marker bouys at a fishing spot?

Maybe he was an OFC,er that wanted to share his favorite spot :dunno::clapping::whistling::D

Ok Im getting carried away.Thats it for me on this one.It,s been fun.

Can I lock it out??????