High gas prices

misfish

With the high cost of gas and lots of people thinking about down sizing,Im thinking theres a buck to be made with those of us that have a pick up truck.

I was thinkig about putting a decal on the back of my truck,

TRUCK FOR HIRE.

Hey, you cant haul c hit with a small domestic can ya,and you can bet it would work.

JFYI,I wont be going small.LOL

How about this? I have a friend that has ordered a kit... Hopefully it works out.

http://www.gasfreedom.info/Home_Page.html

Let me know how that works out for him. Love to know.

Misfish@!!!

I'm with ya on that one. I have a full size Chevy and will always have a full size truck. I hate cars as they are for the Circus clowns. Pack them in their in boys. You have to turn in you card when you resort to a car. :thumbsup_anim:

man-card.jpg

With the high cost of gas and lots of people thinking about down sizing,Im thinking theres a buck to be made with those of us that have a pick up truck.

I was thinkig about putting a decal on the back of my truck,

TRUCK FOR HIRE.

Hey, you cant haul c hit with a small domestic can ya,and you can bet it would work.

JFYI,I wont be going small.LOL

thought about it for a minute before I got my new truck,then I figured on gettin a lil car for fuel ,price in repairs more insurance ill just keep putting fuel in the truck,besides the car would be a Camaro or stang so fuel is still an issue :clapping:

With all my kidding aside in the last post. We are just around the corner to all new technology for engines. I had the Hybrid truck. Did not like it at all. Just tune the truck and put a few mods for better fuel economy. Mine runs well and gets more mileage than alot of cars.

Yup, I agree with all of you! If you wanna truck, come on down! If you wanna 4-cylinder gas sipper, come on down!

Ok -- that's my shameless plug for the evening. Well....semi-shameless...I didn't mention WHICH dealership I work for :whistling:

An interesting story on the news here today about a company going to 4 - 10 ten hour days for their work week to reduce fuel consumption by their employees. Reduces fuel use driving to work by 20%, ok if it isn`t made up by more driving for other causes.

Us old guys here remember when Sundays were kind of dead here, not much was open on Sundays, some convenience stores a few gas stations. Sundays were more of a family day because not much else was going on.

LOL wanna cut fuel use by 1/7th? close the malls on Sunday!

I have NO intentions of getting rid of this bad boy :)

TimsDeerNov17-2007027.jpg

I have gone through this Bull before in the 70's. Sooner or later it will settle down and the prices will roll back some. How much is anyones guess. Until then easy on the gas pedal and just cut out few unnecessary trips.

I have come to the conclusion that gas prices are not high enough yet to get most people to think about conserving gas, yesterday I made a jaunt up the 400 I set my cruise to 95 and stayed in the right lane. Needless to say there was a steady stream of traffic screaming by me I did not pass one person even the truckers were passing me, so my conclusion is that people are not interested yet in saving 20-30 percent on their fuel bill by slowing down a bit.

My driving style has changed, with my daily business vehicle(Buick V6) I can get over 35 MPG on the hwy which is pretty good for a full size car.

With my truck (Durango V8) I can 23 MPG on the hwy which I think is pretty good for that type of vehicle.

If I could only figure out how to get 20 MPG out of the Yamaha.

Slow down people and save some money and as a side bonus you will probably never get another speeding ticket.

I have come to the conclusion that gas prices are not high enough yet to get most people to think about conserving gas, yesterday I made a jaunt up the 400 I set my cruise to 95 and stayed in the right lane. Needless to say there was a steady stream of traffic screaming by me I did not pass one person even the truckers were passing me, so my conclusion is that people are not interested yet in saving 20-30 percent on their fuel bill by slowing down a bit.

My driving style has changed, with my daily business vehicle(Buick V6) I can get over 35 MPG on the hwy which is pretty good for a full size car.

With my truck (Durango V8) I can 23 MPG on the hwy which I think is pretty good for that type of vehicle.

If I could only figure out how to get 20 MPG out of the Yamaha.

Slow down people and save some money and as a side bonus you will probably never get another speeding ticket.

By all means, slow down a little to save some gas.

Just please.........drive AT LEAST the speed limit. Not only are you holding up traffic by driving less than the posted limit, but you could possibly cause an accident.

That has to be my biggest pet peeve.

I'll drive the limit all day long, no problem, but drive just under and your just getting in the way of the flow of traffic.

Sorry to hijack......

Sinker

Just a question. Has anybody tried those air filters called KN Filter? A mechanic told me it would increase your mileage by 10% and horse power. The price for the filter is around $100.00 It's a life time filter. I'm thinking of buying. But is it just bull?

I have come to the conclusion that gas prices are not high enough yet to get most people to think about conserving gas

I agree. You just mentioned how people can save on gas, yet people don't seem to care. Another person gave a link to a blog with an amazing story about saving on gas. Nobody commented on it.

I've recently come into contact with a lady who has an awesome way to save gas. I don't know her website, but she'll send you the info if you email her. [email protected] (just send an email to that address and you'll get an auto-response with the info)

Anyway, people complain yet do nothing about it. I don't get it at all.

Just a question. Has anybody tried those air filters called KN Filter? A mechanic told me it would increase your mileage by 10% and horse power. The price for the filter is around $100.00 It's a life time filter. I'm thinking of buying. But is it just bull?

Apparently it is bull. I just heard something on the radio debunking those claims. I haven't seen the data, but from what I heard I wouldn't bother. Waste of money.

Apparently it is bull. I just heard something on the radio debunking those claims. I haven't seen the data, but from what I heard I wouldn't bother. Waste of money.

Depends on the vehicle. Anything that allows the engine to 'breath' a little better will free up some mpg's.. A lot of stock intake systems are quite restrictive..

Personally I stick to OEM filters (especially in my diesel)

My only gripe is that diesel is about $1.40 right now, although I can't complain to much about getting 1200km's per tank.

they will help a little bit. 10% may be pushing it. i've run K&N filters or other like it, in most of my vehicles. they are good for life, so if you think about it, you are saving money in the long run by not having to replace the disposable ones.