Scugog Sunday Report

ccmtcanada

My little one has been asking all week when we could go in the boat again to fish, so we were hoping that the winds wouldn't be too bad out there today. We arrived at the public boat launch in Port Perry....and happy to see that the docks had been put in. A quick launch and we were off. It became apparent as we were crossing the lake that much of the lake wouldn't be kid friendly with the strong east/southeast winds. We found some sheltered areas to drift, but as soon as we hit that wind, it became pretty cold pretty fast. We continued along close the shoreline until we found a weed edge and we put the anchor down.

We set up our little ones rod with a bobber and worm, and before Bly and I had a chance to setup, she had her first fish on of the day....this little rock bass. She's wearing my sweater in this pic....it's a bit big for her, but it helped keep her warm.

sydrockbass.jpg

Here's the release shot...she wanted me to take this picture....

rockbassrelease.jpg

Not long after that the OPP came by to visit...it was pretty exciting...our first ever inspection with the boat...LOL. They were very friendly, and kept on asking our little one if she caught any big fish yet. A few minutes later, they were off, checking the other boats in the area.

She caught a few small perch before we landed our monsters....here's Bly's first fish ever in the boat....she's happy that's out of the way now.

blyperch.jpg

I landed a few small ones, and then we decided to have our lunch.

After lunch, my little one puts her line in and after waiting intently, her bobber goes down FAST! She sets the hook and lands this 12" perch! This qualifies for her first ever Ontario Angler Awards certificate. She said that she wanted to eat this fish, so we kept it for a fish fry.

sydbigperch.jpg

The bite began to turn off, but Bly, being as smart as she is packed some bubbles for our little one....this worked magic for at least a little while.

sydbubbles.jpg

The winds began to pick up something fierce (I found our later on that the gusts were up to 50 km/h). We decided to head back towards the boat launch...and I'm glad we did. The waves were getting pretty big and I had a hard time with the boat...trying not to soak everyone as we headed back. The boat came out of the water pretty quickly, and we decided to fish from shore for a little while. Our little one continued to kick our butts landing lots of fish this size...

sydshore.jpg

The winds kicked in even more and the lake was filled with white caps. Boats larger than ours began to come in, with guys saying the conditions were pretty much unfishable.

After we got in, she wanted me to clean the fish right away, so she got up on a chair and watched as used the filet knife. She wanted the guts to play with, so out they came. She then said "Hey daddy, that's strange, there's a fish tail in there". Lo and behold, out came a little fish from the fish's stomach. Here's a pic of her with her fried fish....her first fish fry.

fishfry.jpg

We had a great day out there despite the weather. I'm hoping for at least a few calm days out there this summer....because every time we head out, or want to head out winds are a huge problem. Hope to get out there again soon! This having a boat thing is great! It beats sitting on shore all the time that's for sure!

Excellent report and pics Cliff!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Pretty soon you'll have all 3 of your women trained to hook big fish for you to reel in!!! :w00t:;)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't let everyone know my secret!! Jeez Glen....

She caught not only the biggest fish of the day....she caught more than bly and I combined......

Thanks to all for your replies.

To those of you who mentioned something about me being net boy for all the gals in the family....or getting used to being outfished by them, I have to tell you....

I'm already used to it....LOL.