Thats was so exciting

misfish

Early plans were to head to Irish,s place and hunt with Carp,but I missed the alarm(probly due to the 11:15 pm wake up call by carp).LOL

So I headed to my spot again. :canadian: After yesturday, I had no worries those guys would be back. I set up in the same spot and await the sun to start it,s rise. All was pretty quiet.No fly downs,no clucking,not even a gobble. I start yellping and clucking with the call,but nothing <_< .So I just sit back and enjoy the sunrise and wait to see what happens. I catch a movement in the distance,it,s a well groomed fox. Probly looking for yesturdays remains. As I lay back against the tree,I hear this very shot gobble. Am I hearing things? I wait then give a yelp. Gobble return. Ok theres one in the area. For a half hour we talk turkey,and the gobble gets closer. Then there was two gobbles. Yes two bird,the whole herm is coming. :clapping::clapping:

I keep putt,n and yelping and they keep on gobbling back,both of them. The they appeared. Right out from the middle of the treeline. Two gobblers just gobbling away. At first I couldnt see any beards on either one of them :unsure: . I say what,thier gobbling,got to be males.LOL Then they both turn almost at the same time and there they were.Two short beards on the both of them. Two young fellas looking for that single lonely hen :blush: . I just keep up the clucking and they are making a beeline for me. Both are about 35 yards away when they split and I take the one on the right down. Dropped him on a dime. I give the ol fist pump and run out to the bird. Looked like a ball of feathers. shotturkey08001.jpg

Well I got my first bird and now Im off to get another tag so I can work on getting one for the land owner.

shotturkey08003.jpg

shotturkey08002.jpg

My wings to get to heaven.HAHA

shotturkey08005.jpg

Ready for the roaster

shotturkey08006.jpg

Glad yesturday did not deter me from getting back out.

Thanks for reading.

Congrats Brian. Nice to get one out of the way.

I passed on one yesterday to let me buddy bag his first then had another 13 out this morning in front of me but no bigguns in the bunch. I'm seeing tonnes of big ones around just have to wait till they make it over to one of my properties.

Thanks for the report and pics.

Mike

Looks like a large sized chicken, or is it bigger?

The bird is bigger then it looks. I couldnt get it to fit in the big roaster,legs to long.So I am cooking up the 2 legs and neck for tonight and the rest Im going to split and cook on the BBQ later.

Got my 2nd tag. Ready to go at it again.

Thanks gang.

I like to mention I did it without using a decoy. Read the last edition of OOD and there was some good advise in it. One was not using a decoy as a bird can become more weiry entering the area.

Edited by misfish

Congrats Brian, glad you didn't get too discouraged after yesterday's incident. Beautiful looking bird.

If you are having a problem cooking the bird, bring it over and we can through it on the smoker. :whistling::whistling:

John