First Fish?

urbanangler1990

The first fish I can remember catching all by myself was an itty bitty little Sunfish when I was about 5 yrs old on a little cane pole with a cork and worm. My parents used to load me up into the stroller when I was a baby and take me fishin' with them on the pier... so I've been fishin' my whole life. :thumbsup_anim:

my mom said I came out of the womb with a rod in my hand and smelling like fish..........hey I didn't say that, my mom did

and when I was under 2 they found me in the bathroom with a rod in my hand and I was fishing in the toilet............

I was told they would give me a fishing rod and a bucket of water and I would sit there for hours fishing in a bucket..........they said I like to fish, they didn't say I was smart

my mom said I came out of the womb with a rod in my hand and smelling like fish..........hey I didn't say that, my mom did

and when I was under 2 they found me in the bathroom with a rod in my hand and I was fishing in the toilet............

I was told they would give me a fishing rod and a bucket of water and I would sit there for hours fishing in a bucket..........they said I like to fish, they didn't say I was smart

:D:D ahaha terry, u are a Fishing God, :worthy: not worthy ... :D

Edited by urbanangler1990

I remember my first fish like it was yesterday.We had a camp in a place called Lancaster Park in Ontario .My Dad and I were invited out fishing with one of the local campers.A 14 ft tinny with a 9.9 Johnson I was four years old the year was 1970 .First fish was a huge perch followed by many more that morning.Back then the perch were huge on lake St.Francis you could catch alot of huge channel perch back then. there were no problems with zebra mussels.I now take my Dad fishing and I just happen to know more than he does about fishing but he was the one who started it all for me.So take your kids fishing.Great memories.Mike :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: Great topic Urby.

I cant remember my first fish but I also cant remember not fishing. My Dad almost never went fishing without Lew and I even when we were little kids.That also included deer hunting. He would send us into a swamp or some bush and we would bark like dogs to scare the deer up while the old man would wait at the other end. Sure wish he was around today so I could take him fishing.

Edited by Eddyk

I was actually four yrs old fishing with my grandaddy @ the grand river by the old railway bridge in Brantford and the 1st fish i ever pulled in myself was a pike......I remember being scared to death because my grandady kept saying watch the teeth. I think my nan actually has that photo still.....But no way in hell am i posting it.... :D

My dad passed away shortly after I was 4 years old , but my fathers cousin would come and take me a couple times a year fishing with him and his kids. I caught my first fish with him, a sunfish at Mountsberg. Now that I am an adult with 2 kids of my own can I truly appreciate what he did for me. He has since passed on as well but I hope i can pass on the pleasure and experience to my kids and others that he did for me.

my first fish was caught when i was 13. We got invited out to Sutton area, forget the name of the lake we were on, but i was reeling in my first perch ive ever caught, then i almost fell into the water as a 34' muskie grabbed onto it, my uncle grabbed the rod from me and reeled him in.

i have the picture at home, i have to scan it one of these days and show you guys....

Caught my first fish when I was about 10. Was sea fishing from a beach on the English Channel, back home in the UK. Caught a small flounder (flat fish).

My first freshwater fish was probably a perch or roach (its similar to a rudd - the invasive fish you get sometimes over here) from a canal in London, UK when I was 12.

My parents started me off early, I've been told it was when I was about 3 when I started. By 4 I had caught catfish, sunfish, small bass and a 9 lb carp from the Holland river. I still remember the carp, I recall saying "I'm snagged again", then my mom said it's moving! Thinking of which I guess I should look for that pic somewhere in the old albums.

WhenI was a kid, I used to fish off the docks at our rental cottage with a worm, catching panfish all day.

Once, my mom asked my dad to bring me out in the boat for a while.

I caught a 3.5 lb largemouth. I think I was 3 yrs. old. That's about all I can remember

Well .. I cant swear this was my first fish ... but it is certainly one of the first I have docemented proof ...

jon1.jpg

I was just turned three in this photo :D

I can remember fishing as my primary obsession since my very earliest childhood memories.... mostly around Heart Lake, Bobcaygeon and Glen Haffy and always with my Dad.

My first fish was when I was 4 they were small 6-8 inch rainbows and brookies then I later moved on to catching my first steelhead later on that year witch took me many years to once again catch one. my first steel was rather a fluke my grandfather set up my worm and told me to wait before casting me being the one never to listen to people I casted all I remember is my grandfather holding on to my rod while I reeled the fish it too me 7 more years to catch another steelhead maybe the fact I never actually tried targeting them would be a reason well now I am hooked on steelhead so may the moral of the story be if your gut tells u to do something do it because I did and it ended up that that decision to cast my line is what helped me find my love and passion for steelheading.