Interesting Report.... Perchin

pikeie

so after school today i decided to go down to the Barrie marina for some perch action :Gonefishing: . so while i'm walking down the docks, i walk past these 4 fisherman with what looks like they are over there 50 limit each, and they are still keepin every perch! so after about 15 minutes of fishin i look down the road and see a white pick up coming to the marina, upon closer inspection it turns out to be a conservation officer. so he is checking everyone, so far everyone is ok. so he comes up to the 4 men fishing beside me, he asks for there licences 3 have conservation licences (25 perch per person), and one has a sport licence. so he starts to count the one man, he is only aloud 25 he had 75!!!, the same for the next guy but 60, and while the CO is checking one man an other man tries to dump his fish :blink: right infrount of the CO :dunno: . so he got told not to do that and had his perch counted, he was only aloud 25 he had 40. the man with the sport licence had 48 fish so he was still ok, so they are all were saying "i didn't know there was a limit" and other sorry excuses. so the CO takes there rods, tackle, fish and charges them :D . he came and checked me out and i was fine, we had a good talk about how stupid those guys were lol.

so after all this i move over to another dock, the perch were in the by the hundreds, couldnt see the bottom at times. i look up, a man is walking towards me. he says "OFC" (saw my hat and sticker on my bucket). turns out to be fishinsquege (sp), he said he doesn't post much and he works at Bass pro with roger. so he took me out to the spot they were fishin and the jumbos were there. biggest fish goes to fishinsquege, the perch was probably around the 14" mark and it was so fat.

so it was a pretty good day, get to go fishin, see some guys get busted, and got some perch for dinner :thumbsup_anim:

I must say, I am jealous. I was doing well for perch in my area, then they stopped a month ago or so. :angry: Might just have to take a drive out there over the holidays, cuz that perchin can be addictive. Good stuff, really sounds like u did well, and got to see some drama at the same time.