So what did you do with your Saturday Afternoon?

irishfield

I got out of my wife's hair.. went out to the shop and turned a fishing show on.

cutter.jpg

I then got to thinking that part of the issue with Ron having to pull me around thru the slush last year was that my cutter was freezing in...so I went to work on fixing that problem. Cut some UHMW....

cutter1.jpg

Bent it to fit the shape of the cutter's skis...

cutter2.jpg

Checked it for fit..

cutter3.jpg

and then got down to work attaching it to the skis..

cutter4.jpg

cutter5.jpg

cutter6.jpg

Then after I'd checked what the weather looks like for this coming Friday... -28C and 10k wind.. BURRR..... with a little "Jed" inspiration I got to work on that as well. I had grabbed a bundle of tent bars from the garbage a few years back... as you never know when you're gonna need a spare.. and amongst them were the perfect parts to make the posts and a self locking spreader bar. Total cost of this "upgrade".... $6 for the tarp at Home Depot. It's not going to withstand a gale... but it should cut down on the wind chill and give a spot to pitch the chair out of the wind if I park in the right spot!

Drilled holes in the cutter deck so the posts go down and sit in the ski channels.

wind1.jpg

wind2.jpg

Drilled holes in each end of the self locking "spreader bar" so it not only tightens the tarp... it hold the tarp down on the post pegs as well.

wind3.jpg

A few bungee cords here and there and we're good to go...

wind4.jpg

wind5.jpg

Ohhh.. and just to make it a fishing post... we'll be after these..

tm3.jpg

Edited by irishfield

....Sheeesh it sure would be nice to have a big work shop at my disposal. :D

Looks like you'll be all set for Temagami Wayne. :thumbsup_anim:

I spent my afternoon shopping at Fishing World for a few new things I wanted for tomorrows trip. I'm taking the young lads and the GF up to Simcoes east shore for some perch and whitefish action, I hope. Rented a 6 man hut and we'll get chauffeured out in the ole "bambadier". I think they'll all enjoy that. :)

300px-1951B12a.jpg

Looks like a great way to pass a day Wayne. Better than sitting on yer butt.

Went with my cousin Jim today to remove a large poplar that the beavers had chewed(likely before freeze up) and toppled over on the roof of his cottage. Caused quite a bit of damage. Figure it will be well over 10K. A rafter split but held. After a quickkie patch over several holes branches had put through we headed over to my place. Patched up a broken window. Wind and nature is hard on places out there.

Moving in 3 weeks...packing...wanna go fishing...packing...checking out OFC...packing...getting yelled at 'cuz I ain't doing enough...packing.

God someone please save me. I have too much crap...packing...packing.

I think I just packed my beer :wallbash:

Hookset.

Sweet work Wayne! I brought a new treadmill up the stairs (that I put together last night), loaded into the CRV, and returned it to the store because the incline feature wasn't working. I then brought a new unit home, pu it together and did a quick 15 minute workout to try it all out.

Oh yeah...jammed for 2 hours this morning with the band too.

Wow Paul(Clamp-It)take a look at this Tarpus Maximus on ski's.

nifty set up.

Wayne I remember the reports from last year should keep you well sheltered from the wind.

:thumbsup_anim:

Oh BTW my son and I got skunked on Mill Pond.The snot rockest were nowhere :dunno:

Edited by Mike the Pike