Decemeber 16th 2006 - A Day To Remember

superdad

Saturday, Dec 16,2006 will be carved into my psyche forever...

It was the BEST day of Walleye Fishing that I have ever encountered - Bar none.

Was out to fish with Steve Hamilton and Jackson Brawn on Steve's boat on Adolphus Reach from 1100 - 1645.

Before we got all the lines out for the first pass, the outside board went off and we had the first fish of the day, five minutes after starting.

The fish was landed and released and away we went again.

To summarize the day as it would be a long post and most of the details are vague and fading fast. It's tough to keep track of the sizes and weights without writing them down.

We totaled 13 fish in the five hours, including 9 double digits - A PB for Steve of 14.25 lbs and the first ever for me - a TRIPLE HEADER....

Here are a few of the Pix from my Camera.

114480.jpg

114481.jpg

And my Fishing companions:

114482.jpg

I cannot express my thanks to Steve and Jackson for taking me out with them allowing me the chance to fish with them - Real Gentlemen and Real Fishers.

We were fishing east of the ferry, but short of the Keith Shoal buoy, in 75-85 feet of water. We landed eight on Reef Runner(deep)- Purple Demon, a couple on TailDancers TDD11(Clown) and one on a Purple Demon Ripstick. We ran six lines and never had a tangle - good boating and landing skills.

I would suspect that this will be the last trip on the water this year, BUT never say Never......

The outlook for hard water fishing at this writing is to say the least slim, but you can never tell about the weather.

One of the posters today spoke of not going because they had predicted high winds - that never happened.

The weather near the ferry was enjoyable and sunny most of the day, while in Kingston, 45 kms away it was grey and cloudy almost all day.

Thanks again to Steve and Jackson - we must do it again some time next December??????

WOW!!! You guys had an AWESOME day on the water!!!! I've only caught 9 all year (10 lbs plus), and here you guys pull in 13 in 5 hours. I'm sure you'll remember this day forever! Congrats on the triple header and Steve's PB. With the weather the way it's been, you may be on the soft water next month!

David, thanks for the report and congrats on your best Quinte day ever.....that says alot coming from you.

Those are some beautiful fish and to see double & triple headers of those huge fish shows just how great the Quinte fishery is once again and it's also nice to hear of so many folks releasing them, rather than hanging the breeders on their rec room walls. :Gonefishing:

Great stuff !!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome report superdad, Thanks for sharing!

I've only caught 9 all year (10 lbs plus), and here you guys pull in 13 in 5 hours.

Cliff, I really can't feel sorry for ya :D , nine over ten is more than most of us will catch in a lifetime!

Congrats on a great outing superdad.

Whopper