I'm now officially UN-retired

lew

I've been retired for about 7 years now and luv it while I wander around the province fish'n & camping whenever & wherever I want, and even have the approval of my wonderful wife of 41 years, just as long as I phone home once in awhile to let her know where I'm at :Gonefishing:

The last couple winters though have been pretty boring, so I decided this winter to get my butt back to work till the softwater season re-opens in May

I checked out the local rag last week and found an ad from a car dealership just down the road looking for a part-time driver to deliver new cars around to different dealerships. I went over and talked to the guy and was hired on the spot, and made my 1st delivery today.

It's gonna be good having something to do during the next few snowy months and a few extra $$$$ in my pocket for fishing toys won't hurt either.

I've just never had a boss before that was 1/2 my age.....dang :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats !?? Lew, just make sure he remembers that you don't have to take the stress of the job, if you don't like it you'll leave.

I've got a few friends in the same situation as you and they enjoy themselves. Sometimes it's harder for the employer to find a good replacement when they have someone with a good work attitude and the skills than to put up with minor mistakes that may happen from time to time.

Take care out there especially at this time of year. (then again who do I think I am when I'm speaking to a person who has seen it all before!)

Stan

:thumbsup_anim:Sounds like a real soft touch . . . . do they hire postal workers? I'm looking to make a jump to get above the poverty level, eh? But . . . . I don't think the guy who hired you coulda done any better for an employee. I'm just not sure if I'd buy a used car offa ya though? :whistling:

Congrats Lew :thumbsup_anim:

Now just don't go taking any guff from the young punk eh!

I've just never had a boss before that was 1/2 my age.....dang
:lol:

Save up those dollars for some fine :Gonefishing: gear. But remember to put aside a couple of bucks for the tax man as he may want a couple of extra coins from you. :wallbash:

I checked out the local rag last week and found an ad from a car dealership just down the road looking for a part-time driver to deliver new cars around to different dealerships. I went over and talked to the guy and was hired on the spot, and made my 1st delivery today.

Let me know if yer gonna be in Stratford some time. I'll buy lunch.

JF

Sounds like a cool gig too me, I hear yea about thoese winter months. My company made me take about 2 months off "WORK FROM HOME" unless there was a emergancy through december and January.

I went nuts, never again! I wold rather be a greeter at Walmart than sit at home making up projects to pass the time.

Besides you don't seem like "Would you like Fries with that" type of guy. :D

They still deliver POST? I thought it was a Junk Mail / Bills delivery service.

Lew I did that same job with one of the dealers in London for two years after I retired. It was real neat meeting different people all over the province and they even paid me to deliver a new vehicle to Halifax once. All they had to do was pay for the lobster and I would have delivered it for nothing.

Good luck and keep the RUBBER SIDE DOWN.

Tom

Thanks folks, it's gonna be strange going back to work but I'm looking forward to it.

lew good luck with your new job.is it the dealership i met you during the summer,where you get your vehicle fixed?

Nope, it's actually a Honda dealer bassdreamer, I've gone over to the dark side :lol:

Welcome to the dark side Lew now you can test the motors i pick up for them just remember if it runs bad I had nothin to do with it.

I guess congratz on the new job but I hope it will not inter feer with closer this year.

So how are we gonna wake up to your posts for the mornin comute with you wishin everyone a safe trip in with the bad weather when your out there in it or do you have a good clause in there for fair weather driving only.