Do You Know How To Swim?

nelly

Yup, learned to swim about the same time I learned to walk, just the way I taught my own kids.

Never could understand why folks don't teach the kids how to swim as soon as possible, specially if the kids are around the water at all or in a boat. If they can't teach it themselves, there are lessons given by the Red Cross or other like groups that wouldn't cost too much.

Every weekend we hear about kids drowning and in most cases, it was probably avoidable.

Nothing makes me madder than to see kids who can't swim, playing in the water with those stupid inflatible things around their upper arms while Mom & Dad lay on the beach more concerned with getting a suntan than the welfare of their children. :angry:

Sadly, not any more.

I had taken classes when I was a young child, once in high school. I can't seem to stay afloat without assistance. Even when I relax in water I sink, heavy boned.

Thus, I always wear my PFD on the water regardless how ridiculus I may look.

Love to swim. Took lots of lessons growing up and my kids are doing the same. My parents have had a pool for the last fifteen years (my kids pretty much learned to swim there). I've always loved the water. I've been canoeing for the past couple years and always wanted a (real) boat but have never had one. I guess it only makes sense that I eventually started to fish, I just can't believe it took me this long to find this hobby. There's just something about the water that is undescribable. It's very calming.There's something inherantly right about being near it, almost like you belong there. Man that was a longwinded answer. Sorry..... yes I swim (LOL).

My pop was a water bug.He had us in the water as soon as a life jacket would fit us.He did the butterfly stroke like no one I had ever seen.I was young then, but he was my pop.LOL

It was the first swimming style I learned.At age ten, I was able to swim without a jacket.That was pops rule,until you can tread water for 2 miniutes and swim from the rock to the dock,I be wearing that life jacket.Not a very cool thing to be wearing with the other good looking 9/10 year old girls around.HEHE.

Usually spent everyday swimming. Can't really remember when I couldn't swim. I do remember being very young and doing the dog paddle. My aunt decided to teach me how to swim the proper way on that day. After that I had no fear of the water or depth.

Tom

Learned at 7 months, before I could walk...

I honestly don't think a person that can't swim should be in a boat!

That will open a whole discusion my friend.Thats why they made PFD,s.

I agree with you on a certian point here,swimming would be a great asset,but ................................. :dunno::dunno:

Whats with the sad spell check system here.I know I suck at spelling and really dont care what others think,but it would be nice to have one that does work.

That will open a whole discusion my friend.Thats why they made PFD,s.

I agree with you on a certian point here,swimming would be a great asset,but ................................. :dunno::dunno:

Whats with the sad spell check system here.I know I suck at spelling and really dont care what others think,but it would be nice to have one that does work.

Ur right on that msfish, this is already opening up a whole new discussion lol, r u really gonna rely on a jacket? who knows what could go wrong. With these new kinds where u pull the cord, that could go south on u. cord could be stuck or u cant find it in time. i agree with pigeontroller.

Edited by urbanangler1990