John Tory Pledges 35 Million to anglers and Wildlife

Toronto_Angler

This is the type of announcement I have been waiting to hear from any party to decide which party to vote for. I hope for his sake he isn't lying about this particular issue.... 25 million being restored in funding is a merely a start though. When you consider that Great Lakes supports a fishery worth 4.5 billion or so a year in both the U.S. and Canada it does seem kind of cheap.

When the conservatives asked both John and I to write up a brief on what can be fixed within the OMNR we did, a full brief on all aspects. I have met john many times and have conversed with him over conservation issues many more times. Much of the tory platform came from our briefings to him and were reflected by other groups. John is the real deal there is no doubt on that....

If you want conservation issues and more importantly the OMNR to regain its capacity to render services its intended for then vote for your local conservative canidate if not vote for good ole mc Squinty

It may sway my vote but the fact that the PC gov't cut alot of the funding to begin with when I was in University (more than a decade ago) still bites, it changed my studies and all. I still remember when I was looking for volunteer work at the Wye whats his name when they took 2/3rds funding away basically shutting down the places I could look for.

The McGuity Gov't has followed all other with their broken promises and makes it hard to believe them too.

I guess I'll still have to mull over it all as it comes closer.

Seems more like who hasn't ticked me off more vote.

I dont usually reply in political threads, but I thought I'd chime in on this one.....

In the Mike Harris days, he stated in his platform that he would cut cut cut. Not only cut income tax, but cut all sorts of progams (education etc....). Well, the Conservatives were voted in....even more impressive is that he actually DID what he said he would do. Was he popular for it? It depends on your point of view. The funding to education hit a sore spot with many...but he did promise he was going to do it. Did he cut income taxes? Yep he did.

I didn't believe a word that McGuinty said, but I at least thought wouldn't raise or add any new taxes....jeez...he even put it in writing stating his promise. When the health tax came into play, it just ticked me off. I'll never vote Liberal again until they can prove to me that their word is worth anything....because right now, I cant believe a word they say.

So, back to the topic of this thread...if John Tory pledges 35 million, then I figure that's more than the Liberals have 'promised'....no vote swaying needed here....I never intended to vote Liberal anyways.