Goodbye, Old Girl, I'll Miss Ya....

MuskyBill

As some of you know, I've only been towing a boat for 3 years now, & today I said 'goodbye' to my first tow vehicle... :(

Poor thing has been sitting in my driveway since I bought the Pathfinder. My original plan was to drive the car Mon-Fri as a commuter, but I quickly realized I couldn't afford to do that.

She was a '95 Olds Cutlass Ciera, not the best tow vehicle by far, but man, she gave myself, my bro, & lots of my friends memories that will last a lifetime.

Here's some of the memories...

Chandoslaunch.jpg

MyChandoslaunch.jpg

simcoelaunchSmall.jpg

Bogweek1001Small.jpg

It's not ALL bad though, the Pathfinder has been much better for towing...

070606023Small.jpg

DoubleHeaderBass2001Small.jpg

There, now I've made my peace....closure.... B)

I'm counting down the years when I can ditch my 2000 Honda Odessey for a Ford F150 4X4 but for now I have to keep it I"ve got 3 kids 8 10 and 12 .When I had my Taurus Wagon which like you had to part with last year.There were nasty fights going on in the back seat.So now they all have their own seats and their not fighting too much.When I launch my boat with any paved ramp it is very easy but when I 'm on a gravel launch I tend to spin alot.Darn front wheel drive add a liittle tongue weight to the rear and the front wheels spin too easily.Nice Pathfinder. :lol:

Ahh memories Bill.

That first pic is no fun when the level is up like that and you're knee deep in 45 deg water trying to unload the boat. Like Dan is. :D

Edited by Raf

Hey, looks good with the Pathfinder. I have a 95 Pathfinder myself. My friends call it a "Mallfinder" LOL. Yours looks mint. I towed a Rockwood Premier tent trailer to Bon Echo,Murphy's Point, Arrowhead and the Pinery this year. I bet loaded with all the supplies and canoe on top, etc. it's getting close to 3000lbs. Worked pretty good but I found that if I use it in "power" mode it works alot better. It holds the shift alot longer and keeps it in the power range. I also don't use overdrive when towing. The poor truck just lugs if I do. Maybe you have a 5-speed and none of this matters (wish mine was). It's been a good little truck for me. I'm sure yours will be too. P.S. The alternators (on the 95's anyways) are located on the very bottom, drivers side. I'm not sure how many times you'd want to submerse it. I haven't tried backing down a boat ramp yet as I haven't got a boat LOL. The canoe may have to do again, this year,but I'm hoping to get a tinny with a small outboard. That's a sweet looking boat you have there Bill.

Just keep looking forward Bill...don't get like me and leave the old stuff rotting in the yard because you can't part with it!

BTW...ever heard of a long rope? Tie it to the bow and the bumper...launch the boat in so it floats and drive out from under it and the rope will pull the bow up on shore. None of this wading in ice cold spring water!

I here ya bill its hard to let yer first one go I had to leave my old ranger in BC when I moved back east that truck was fun it had a 350SB and would go like stink but sucked for pulling out from a ramp.

I think your new ride will do just fine but you know that all to well already.

First 2 pics were right after you got the boat I recall. Pleasure meeting you guys. Recall... your musky net got lost back down the highway as it flew outta the boat somewheres...Misfish having to go early because he got hurt when his pedestal seat gave way....OUCH!!

You guys won the prize too I reluctantly recall. Hey, looks like that might be me standing beside the ole car in the second pic. Nice place and a good time there.

Edited by cisco

Nice Truck MuskyBill.. 5-speed.. better keep that emerg brake ship shape.

I used to tow the Ranger with a Ford Ranger 5 -speed. One day on the ramp my emerg brake broke when pulling the boat up on the trailer. I almost lost the dog and truck in the lake.

I guess the engine didn't have enough compression to hold it in first gear when not running LOL!

Hope she's a good truck for ya :)

Yup, Olds was front wheel drive, and the Pathfinder is a 5-speed.... ;)

You lucky devil (five speed). Like I said I wish mine was. I bought my Mallfinder before I was thinking of towing anything. The next tow vehicle will either be V-8 (probably a Suburban) or five speed. Wish mine was that pretty too!

Did you smash the heck out of it or sell it? You could've had an OFC day where people could come by, pay their respects, and get a whack or two with a big sledgehammer :dunno: . Or you could've used it in a demolition derby and put the OFC logo all over it :dunno: .

Either way, your boat looks good behind the pathfinder. :thumbsup_anim: