Purchasing a new boat

Gerritt

Well as most of you know My old boat has finally given up the ghost.. She was a fine ride and served me well. I always knew she would be temporary until I could afford something else...

Well I have found something else :)

And if all goes well she'll be mine on Friday!

I had a good friend put her through the ropes, to make sure it was packaged properly etc. and the results were glowing! and trust me this person knows his boats. He did this to make sure it was what I was looking for before I make the 3 hour trip up north to put her through my test ;)

I will be heading up this Friday to give her a good run and to deal with the paper work should I think she is the boat for me... which by all accounts I am 99.9% positive she is as I have done alot of research on this brand and model... I have yet to hear one single complaint about it..

Well here she is... a brand new 2006 Polar Kraft 17',Brand new Trailer, The motor is a 1993... however this motor has less then 10 tanks of fuel ran through her and is in almost new condition it has electric start and power T/T... I still need to add my trolling motor and sonar etc to her... here she is bare bones.

July07042.jpg

July07044.jpg

July07043.jpg

July07048.jpg

July07050.jpg

July07051.jpg

I appreciate everyone's offer of deals on their used boats etc.. It was certainly appreciated! But I am getting this at a fair price and got a fantastic financing offer...

This is my first Brand New boat purchase.... I am a bit excited as I am sure you can tell through reading this post..

Again I would like to thank everyone that PM'd me offers, Trips out and even one person Loaning me their boat! you guys are the best.. thank you!

Gerritt...wow...sweet looking boat!!! A very nice upgrade from your last one. I'm sure you'll be boating lots of great fish in this one. Maybe you'll have to take me out again so I can catch a bigger muskie...LOL.

Congrats Gerritt...this community really is the best as attested by you in your post....enjoy the maiden voyage...I'll expect a nice long report with pics of you in your new ride!

Hi Kevin, I would love to divulged the price I am paying... But I am unable to at the moment as I would not want to upset the person selling me the boat... I will ask him if it is ok (I am getting a deal after all) and if he says no problem I will sing it from the rooftops LOL

I am sure you understand.

Gerritt.

Nice boat Gerrit looks like a boat you can slime and then take a garden hose to bring it back to new. If you get a chance while you are testing it make sure it does not have alot of rattles or that the hatch cover gaskets don't leak when they are in the closed position. Dont forget your buddies when we come up to Lak Air next year we need someone to show us the unicorns I mean Muskies they have their.

Art

Well I thought I would pass on who it is I am purchasing it from... Give credit where credit is due :) I am dealing with Giesler Marine in Powassan, Bernie's (Nipissing) Family owns it...

They have been great in answering my never ending thousands of questions and have shown a awesome amount of patience in that regard.

Bernie was awesome in taking it out for a weekend to make sure it is what I would want ... and to make sure things worked as they should.

Larry (their salesman) is a great guy and a straight shooter. I would recommend my grandmother to him if she was purchasing a boat. He is that good.

I am heading up to Powassan this weekend for a weekend of Fishing and hopefully getting some slime on her ;)

Those of you that met Bernie @ Lakair know what a great guy Bernie is... it made my decision on where to buy my boat an easy one.

Not to mention it is best to keep things in the family.... The OFC family.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Gerritt...wow...sweet looking boat!!! A very nice upgrade from your last one. I'm sure you'll be boating lots of great fish in this one. Maybe you'll have to take me out again so I can catch a bigger muskie...LOL.

Congrats Gerritt...this community really is the best as attested by you in your post....enjoy the maiden voyage...I'll expect a nice long report with pics of you in your new ride!

Cliff you and Carole would be more then welcome in my boat any day of the week... Hell your better company then alot of my fishing buddies! LOL

Thanks,

Gerritt.

That is a perfect boat. Very similar to mine. Easy to launch alone, easy to handle alone, and it handles big water very well.

I get 32MPH on GPS with a full floor, 2 batteries and a full tank of fuel, trolling motor and 2 big guys.....mine is a 40 mariner......on a 16.5 starcraft.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it. I love mine for its versitality!!

Sinker