Weekend Fishing - pic heavy!

ccmtcanada

It was a weekend that Bly and I look forward to every year...and it finally arrived! Because of babysitting issues, I went up on Thursday afternoon, and Bly came up on Friday.

Friday July 13th

Before Bly arrived on Friday, a buddy of mine (Cory) and I decided to hit a few area shore spots that a fellow OFNer tipped us off too. Thanks a lot for the info! Even though we didn't catch many fish (only one!!), the view where we were fishing was amazing...here's a few pics...and one of Cory and his rock bass.

2fish.jpg

1fishing.jpg

3fish.jpg

We headed back to the Cabin we were staying at at around 2pm and as it turned out, the rest of my rock band showed up, so we started up the generator and played for a few hours in the great outdoors.

jamming.jpg

jamming2.jpg

Saturday July 14th

This was our main fishing day!! Cory, Bly and I had rented a boat from a place called Woodland Echoes, in Mangetawan to fish Ahmic Lake. It was a nice little rental...a 16 footer, complete with livewell, fishfinder and 2 fishing chairs.

boat.jpg

We knew it was going to rain...we were just hoping that it would hold off for a while, since this was our only day we had to get out on the water. Well...for the first hour or so, it just sprinkled a bit...

We were hitting mostly bays with weeds for both pike and bass, since we were told that the walleye were incredibly picky on this lake. We were also told they'd be deep...and we didn't feel much like jigging, so I took out my trusty 5 of diamonds spoon and began casting. A little while later, I have a fish on!! I set the hook and begin the fight. It felt like a respectable fish...when it got close, I couldn't believe my eyes.... This walleye measured in at 23" and a nice 4 pounds 7 ounces. I dont normally keep these fish, but we were hoping for enough for a nice fish fry later for dinner. Into the livewell it went!

cliffwalleye.jpg

Soon after that, the rains came....but we had the boat until 1pm and darn it, we were fishing til then!! LOL.

Cory...our trusty driver....

cory.jpg

Bly...smiling despite the weather!!

carolerain.jpg

Here's Cory and I...and yes, my line is in the water....LOL.

rainiing.jpg

A little after this last picture, I get a hit on a black and orange spinner. This 28" pike (5 pounds) also went into the livewell....

cliffpike-2.jpg

Bly was having a tough day on the water...but she did manage her PB driftwood from this lake!!

carolestick.jpg

Cory then finished off our catching with this nice pike...

corypike.jpg

Shortly after this last fish, the rains and wind came on strong...we only had another 1/2 hour on the water, so we began our return back to the docks. Cory then got to work cleaning our catch for dinner that evening.

cleaning.jpg

Later on in the evening, the rains stopped for a little while, allowing us to prepare our fish for dinner!

cooking.jpg

Here's the end result...and let me tell you, this dinner tasted AWESOME!

dinner.jpg

Sunday July 15th

Today is the day we had to pack up camp and head home. After everything was loaded in the car, Bly and I headed to Lake Cecebe to wet a few lines before the drive home. She had been skunked this trip and wanted to get into at least one fish before leaving! Good thing we did, because after casting for a few short minutes, she says "FISH ON" and starts fighting this nice bass!

carolebass.jpg

This one measured in at 18 inches and is her 5th species for the OFAH Avid Angler Award!!! Way to go Bly!!!

Anyhow, that's it...a great weekend all around. Thanks to all who PMd me info on this lake...it's much appreciated! We had a lot of laughs...got out fishing and had some success. Hope everyone had a great one out there...I have a lot of reports to read now that I'm back....LOL.

Great report guys & nice pics!!!!!!!!! well im glad you guys got some real, nice fish,and ya the weather suckedit rained on me for 5 days as well....so i know how you feel....must have been a great outdoor concert....that would have been so cool...and a nice fish fry to cap off the trip...right on....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a great time! Some people say that bigger pickeral dont taste good, but I caught one that size on Balsam and kept it because it was the only one over the slot limit. I ate pickeral for 3 days and it tasted great!!! Enjoy!!

And thats a nice smallie!