Brian & Terry's excellent adventure

Terry

5am seems early to me

more like late night then, morning to me but I got up and ready to go fishing with Misfish

we hit a river that has lots of undercut banks and hoped to catch a couple of Dawgs/ Hogs/Pigs/Sows...large mouth that is

Misfish said we would use his baits...a bit of field testing

I thought cool get to use free baits....well you would think that would be a good thing...they sure caught a lot of fish and could use one bait for many fish, stood up well, but now I have to put in a big order to buy a bunch cause the work so well.....

for a real windy day and tons of weeds making boat control a lot of work, I think we did great

here are some of the fish we caught

DSCF2732.jpg

DSCF2734.jpg

DSCF2735.jpg

DSCF2736.jpg

DSCF2733.jpg

DSCF2737.jpg

DSCF2738.jpg

DSCF2739.jpg

DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2743.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2745.jpg

DSCF2747.jpg

DSCF2748.jpg

DSCF2750.jpg

DSCF2751.jpg

to add to the mix we got some bowfins and pike too..what the heck is a pike doing under a bank

great day

Thanks Misfish

I had a blast

Ok heres my story and I,m stick,n to it.

Ok I land in Bradfrord at 5:15 am.I know it,s way to early for Terry so I grab a coffee and a few crullers to hold me over til 6:00 AM.

Ok we meet up and it,s the howdy doo,s and lets get things gong here. :Gonefishing: LOL We luanch and off we go. :oops: Was that a log.L M A O. No worries I know where Im going.

Ok now were on plane and were off. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: .Aw theres a spot,ok lets get busy. I say Terry, lets try my baits and his eyes are as big as saucers,ok not that big,maybe more like what you talk,n about Willis.LOL

He rigs up the puple/pink crawtube on a slip rig and I go with the chartruse/lime on a jig.

Well wouldnt you know it,Terry has a fish on right off the bat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BTW.That picturs is missing.Might it be the BOW FIN you caught.

We worked our way down the bank and nailed a bucket or two.

The river was not as busy I thought it would be,til all of a sudden, a few others pass by us.We hit a number of banks and we did very well,and as you seen from the pic,s.

On our return back,we hit spots that had already been hamered but still did very well. It,s not whos been there ,but whats been there.

Im not bragg,n about the Komanchi baits,but they worked, and thats all that really counts.

The fish seem to hang on to them ,long enough to set the hook.Man what ever is in those baits,put it in a bottle,,,,,,,Aw maybe it is.LOL

BTW,you notice I never mention anything about that 6+ bucket you lost eh. :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Folks this fish was the biggest I have seen live and I was well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(I,ll let you people think what I was saying,hell it,s nothing what Terry was saying) :stretcher::whistling:

Well after talking and telling our tail from today,my oldest wants to head to the river. Guess we,ll be doing the river thing again Monday. :Gonefishing::canadian:

Terry once again,great time on the water and great company.Man you were on them today.

LOL

well there were way too many pictures to post them all

so I thought my bowfin would be a good one to forget about

DSCF2729.jpg

yeah, sorry I didn't get the big one to the boat..it was the wind and the weeds and the boat control and trying to reel in

and the sun was in my eyes and..

ok..I guess I forgot to set the hook

good luck tomorrow

Nice going guys! Considering I have not even had a line in the water at all this year...

Oh well, maybe next week!

I thought for a minute or so there that you had changed boats again. Then I realized that this was probably Terry's Nitro?

Great report Terry, :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: thanks for sharing.

Haven't :Gonefishing:fisedh :Gonefishing: that particular waterway for a number of years, maybe I should give it another go :whistling:

John