Public Service Announcement/Movie rental, save your $$

Old Ironmaker

Typical Nickolas Cage movie, It starts for 90 minutes and then doesn't finish. "" LOOKING GLASS" Cage owes 100's of 1000's in back taxes to the IRS. He did this one to pay down the debt I guess. Terrible way to waste 2 hours. If he spoke the worst line in movie history it might have been worth it. In a movie called ""Straw Man" if I can recall he stops a woman riding her bicycle,  pulls a gun on her and says "Step away from the bike!" Then he is burned at the stake by the locals. 

3 hours ago, dave524 said:

You can still rent movies ? ?  only liked him in " Conair " that was eons ago

We live in a village called Selkirk for gosh sakes. We even got a flashing red light a few years ago and the Mayor cut the ribbon. And yes we can still rent movies, for $2.99, $6.99 from Bell TV, unfortunately VHS is no longer available Dave. Even Blue Ray whatever that is, doesn't work on my machine. 

When we move we are going to join the 21st Century and get streaming video, if I can enough band width, I'm learning, slowly. 

25 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

When we move we are going to join the 21st Century and get streaming video, if I can enough band width, I'm learning, slowly. 

Yeah , you gotta get bandwidth. We cut the Bell/Cogeco,  C note a month TV cord a year ago, right now between Live Net TV as a free IPTV and Cyberflix for binge watching TV  shows and movies we don't miss a thing, even get all the SportsNet and TSN channels for live sports.

• 1 month later...

I can't sit in one place long enough to watch a 2 hour movie, I need to get up and go do something and can't even remember the last time I sat in front of the boob tube and watched an entire movie start to finish LOL

Sitting in a movie theater is even worse and believe it or not, the last time I was even in a movie theater was 1977 when we went to see Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind...wow, that was a very long time ago hahaha

36 minutes ago, lew said:

I can't sit in one place long enough to watch a 2 hour movie, I need to get up and go do something and can't even remember the last time I sat in front of the boob tube and watched an entire movie start to finish LOL

Sitting in a movie theater is even worse and believe it or not, the last time I was even in a movie theater was 1977 when we went to see Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind...wow, that was a very long time ago hahaha

Lew I think we are in the same zone. I think they dragged me in ‘78, what a waste of time.  Did enjoy the drive-in in the early 70s.

One of my son in-laws used to live at Langstaff and  Hwy 27. Used to sit in his backyard;  HUGE, and watch them across the street for free. NO sound! 

the colossus centre at 400 and 7 was A drive in! I probably sat in COSTCO!

53 minutes ago, lew said:

9 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Lew I think we are in the same zone. I think they dragged me in ‘78, what a waste of time.  Did enjoy the drive-in in the early 70s.

One of my son in-laws used to live at Langstaff and  Hwy 27. Used to sit in his backyard;  HUGE, and watch them across the street for free. NO sound! 

the colossus centre at 400 and 7 was A drive in! I probably sat in COSTCO!

Ok ok, stop with the dating yerselves era. LMAO

I remember going to the 400 drive in as a kid. It was super exciting for us kids. Get thjere for the right spot,enjoy the play ground. When the car lights starting flashing to get the movie started,we would book it to the car. Dodge dart, 3 boys in the back seat.   We would get through the 1st movie,then it was nighty night. Pop always had a huge bag of popcorn  made in paper bags. Lots of butter and salt. The odd time,we got  a treat. Super hot dogs from the vendor.

Thanks for the remember Albert.

Edited by misfish

One of you guys should start a “Looking back” thread!

where we we’re in  . . .some years ago we had one. What do you do?

I’m writing a short story about my evolution in the typesetting trade, from day one to today and backing it up with pictures and lots of collectibles. The changes that I have survived but MY kid have no clue what got them where they are now. Hard work.

It was a long journey, no days off and it got me some amazing memories and friends.  I even hired some of  my teachers. 

Work in progress and even fishing experiences. 

• Like 1

Cage has certainly taken a dive in the last decade (or two).  BUT...   Face-Off with Travolta..  Lord or War...Gone in 60 Seconds.     

75% of his movies are complete garbage, and he is a horrible actor.  But he has 1/2 dozen good ones anyways.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 6:08 AM, NAW said:

Cage has certainly taken a dive in the last decade (or two).  BUT...   Face-Off with Travolta..  Lord or War...Gone in 60 Seconds.     

75% of his movies are complete garbage, and he is a horrible actor.  But he has 1/2 dozen good ones anyways.

He certainly has been in his fair share of dogs but Cage always shines when he gets to play unhinged characters & his latest ones still prove this. Army of One, Mom & Dad, Mandy (perhaps his unhinged best), Colour out of Space (fantastic Lovecraft adaptation) but then he drops movies like Joe out of nowhere where he shows he really has the ability to act. All this comes from a guy who considers Cannibal Ferox & Brain Damage to be masterpieces so take that for what its worth!

On 10/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, OhioFisherman said:

John Wick 1-2-3? Need more acting, less violence, JMHO.

I watched John Wick latest killer flic last week. I actually wrote down how many he killed in the 1st 30 minutes. He killed 13, he got stabbed in the neck and took a blade to his liver, got hit by the same Caddy twice then shot his Doc to make it look good as he wasn't to receive any help. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I watched John Wick latest killer flic last week. I actually wrote down how many he killed in the 1st 30 minutes. He killed 13, he got stabbed in the neck and took a blade to his liver, got hit by the same Caddy twice then shot his Doc to make it look good as he wasn't to receive any help. 

Now they are making a spin off called Ballerina. Which follows one of the ballerina's from that scene who goes on a rampage...  Then John Wick 4 soon to follow. 

Love those movies.