2 Weeks August Bassin/Laker Report (Video1,2,3 + Laker Vid)

MCTFisher9120

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Just landed from a 2 week trip to my favourite lakes in Eastern Ontario. Each year we make these trips and catch some great fish. Last season we broke 5lbs and this trip we broke it twice and crept so close to 6lbs. I landed a half dozen 4lb class fish and even got my Dad, Papa and Uncle out for there first Laker's. What a blast is a understatement! The trip started with dept's 2-3' above normal with wicked current from rain's back in early August. The bite shallow was great as bays with 1-2' of water had 4-5' of depth. I struck out with the biggest of the trip on day 1 using as always my PTL Plastics. The swim jig (1/2oz) with the 4.8" swinging hammer cut down 1" in length caught 5% of the fish. The same swimbait texas rigged caught the other 5% and 90% of this trip was pitching my little Texas-Rig Jig craw. The jig bite was crap so I pitched the craw in deep weed for the first time and it was flawless. Water dropped 3-4 days into the trip and it fell quick 2.5-3' to be exact. I followed the fish to the deep weed and fished as many miles as I could. Enjoy the pics guys, I'll post part 1 of my 3 part series below and well add the next and the next to the thread as I release them on YouTube.

Big fish of the trip

NaQsWfi.jpg

Second shot of the beast little over 5-1/2lbs

NkPiPZU.jpg

Second biggest of the trip little smaller by 2 ounces. Longer fish however.

X2g3F7e.jpg

Second shot of the second beast!

0LD91Ti.jpg

High 4lbr 2 ounces under 5 such a wicked trip cant put it into words

H7LSlIZ.jpg

Mid 4lbr off rock/weed kinda banks

57bYntt.jpg

Last day of the trip cracked a 4-1/2lbr on that TRJ.

043VSTQ.jpg

Smallmouth were tricky but the morning bite was stupid for me. Back's of bays mid lake humps. All I could do is cast around schooling baitfish on the surface and the smallies were there. 90% on the Vision 110+1 and a couple fish on the Dog-X Speed Slide topwater. Lot's of fun got to put em in the livewell or the school spooks and it's a 1 fish scene. Had some great mornings 6-8am kinda action

4lbs 5oz and a low to mid 3lbr best 2 out of the 3 or 4 we got that half hour.

gP2CgoF.jpg

Big fish one morning little over 4lbs

RnWfTLS.jpg

Another pair not 4's but beauty's none the less!

peV6Dyy.jpg

Another piggy topwater if I remember correctly

1dxWnp4.jpg

Dad's biggest of the trip, his first 4lb smallie was stoked for him.

pcdMrcU.jpg

Couple largies Dad caught thru the trip. Was a tough go no frog water for the boys this year but they picked up a few behind me! He loves the swim jig always produces for him.

ESfex2x.jpg

And another!

7iqct49.jpg

More beautiful deep weedline largemouth

KFogQ2X.jpg

Another 30' down and another small tank

CwBc9Fd.jpg

Lake Trout time. My goal was to taste a lake trout for the first time and get one on the line for my Papa, Uncle and Dad. My papa has health issues and couldn't reel his in but he got to enjoy the fight and see the fish. All 4 times I went out I got 1 or 2 fish all kicked back strong and fast and every one let out air on the way up. Fish were caught all on Lead Core 50-70' down and every fish was mixed into schools of bait. What a blast these fish are glad I gave it a go a handful of times!

cOcGk5c.jpg

My Papa's fish I just fought it out. Keep your health guys it's all we have.

QrbXFsw.jpg

Dad's

wxT498H.jpg

Uncle's

8H95VXZ.jpg

And 1 more for me

W1Zb6kA.jpg

Back to the bass here was a even 4-0 on the TRJ. Never got a bite deeper than 11' most fish were 6-9' deep shallower weedlines seemed to produce best. If you had a bay behind ya it was a guarantee fish would pull to the edge as the water fell.

puN3Vi7.jpg

Morning piggy on the swimbait

DOmfTYl.jpg

Here is the video I posted this evening.

Part 1 of a 3 part series

Part 2

Part 3

LakeTrout

Thanks for reading and checking out the report everybody! It was a exciting 13 days out there. I'll post the next 2 video's in the coming 2 weeks as they are released.

Tightlines and go bassin it's been on fire!

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Absolutely jealous! Bassin has been garbage for me this season, and to see this makes me wanna strangle you and cry at the same time!

All seriousness though, you have a way with catching the lunkers, and your posts are always top notch and a pleasure to read. Keep up the good work, and keep these posts coming !

-Mark

Absolutely jealous! Bassin has been garbage for me this season, and to see this makes me wanna strangle you and cry at the same time!

All seriousness though, you have a way with catching the lunkers, and your posts are always top notch and a pleasure to read. Keep up the good work, and keep these posts coming !

-Mark

Thanks Mark I was in the zone so to speak never felt unconfident even if I went 2-3 hours without a bite it always happened or I didn't head back to the cottage. You will have some good outings soon buddy!

Thanks for the reply's guys!

Awesome dude. Thanks for the invite. sorry I couldn't make it this year. I guess next year eh ?lol

Haha maybe one day well get up there. You got your own little piece of heaven just a little more North than I am!

When is vid 2 and 3 up?

Video 2 is Friday night and Video 3 is the following Friday.

Wow! Awesome report. This are some nice lookin' fish you got there.

Nice fish Mike. Some real hogs.

great report mike, thanks for posting, and holy crap impressive breaking 5 that many times in one trip. Right on.

Thanks guys! I put a lot of time to be successful it's nice with it all comes together that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...