2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

I dont have the hemi, but do have the 1500 with the 6cyl pantstar motor 8 sp tranny.

I LOVE IT

Do wish I had of gone with the 4x4 though. My thinking at first was, just something else to fix if it went wrong.

Do you really need the 4x4 ?

Love my '12 hemi 4x4 with the old 6 spd. Have heard good things about the 8 spd.. but they're somewhat new.

Pony up the extra cash and get the 4x4. To me, a truck without it is pointless.

2014 aint that new.LOL

What I have heard and read, they program to the way you drive. When I got mine new off the lot, It was a little ragged. Jerky. Then I had it updated and it,s been smooth.

Edited by Misfish

I have a 2014 Laramie with the Diesel. Love it - and so does everyone else that rides in it. Of course it has Air Suspension, 4x4, etc. The outdoorsman I believe will ride a little rougher - think it has different suspension in the back end? But it will also be able to tow more.

I dont have the hemi, but do have the 1500 with the 6cyl pantstar motor 8 sp tranny.

I LOVE IT

Do wish I had of gone with the 4x4 though. My thinking at first was, just something else to fix if it went wrong.

Do you really need the 4x4 ?

yes need 4x4

I have a 2014 Laramie with the Diesel. Love it - and so does everyone else that rides in it. Of course it has Air Suspension, 4x4, etc. The outdoorsman I believe will ride a little rougher - think it has different suspension in the back end? But it will also be able to tow more.

I've got mine down to 7.1l/100km a couple times now.

What u wanna know. Outdoors man has lsd diff and 3.92 gears best of both worlds with the 8 so very little issues with 8 so tranny hemi bombproof so long as regular lof done. They all break exhaust studs every 100 k good riding trucks in any trim run away from air suspension and vm deisel

Are you sure you can't do better overall getting a new Ram with all the deals they have now? Unless you are paying cash it would have to be almost a give away for me to look at a used Ram given the current deals available on new ones... As the monthly payments could easily be less for a new vehicle, with full warranty and hopefully a higher resale value in the future.

If you can find the trim you want that is.

Some dealerships are offering 30%+ off new. Up from 25% off in the last few months so the selection might be slim now.

Check out redflagdeals.com for a thread about dealers who are willing to save you some money.

What u wanna know. Outdoors man has lsd diff and 3.92 gears best of both worlds with the 8 so very little issues with 8 so tranny hemi bombproof so long as regular lof done. They all break exhaust studs every 100 k good riding trucks in any trim run away from air suspension and vm deisel

Just wanting to know if any one knows of any issues l should know about...

Are you sure you can't do better overall getting a new Ram with all the deals they have now? Unless you are paying cash it would have to be almost a give away for me to look at a used Ram given the current deals available on new ones... As the monthly payments could easily be less for a new vehicle, with full warranty and hopefully a higher resale value in the future.

If you can find the trim you want that is.

Some dealerships are offering 30%+ off new. Up from 25% off in the last few months so the selection might be slim now.

Check out redflagdeals.com for a thread about dealers who are willing to save you some money.

depending on when l decide it might be new just un decided right now

never had a dodge before so still choosing what to buy... reports lv read say they are the better truck so just tossing it out there as l know a few here have them and l want their opinions :whistling::dunno:

Just a joke. I drove all makes and models in the oilfield and dodge would absolutely be my last choice.

BUT.... We drove trucks hard. But still, dodges spent more time in the shop than not.

If ya could, I'd look Toyota and chevy second

Dodges look nice at least

*Also, I haven't drove one in 5 years so maybe they have dramatically improved

Edited by manitoubass2

Just a joke. I drove all makes and models in the oilfield and dodge would absolutely be my last choice.

BUT.... We drove trucks hard. But still, dodges spent more time in the shop than not.

If ya could, I'd look Toyota and chevy second

Dodges look nice at least

*Also, I haven't drove one in 5 years so maybe they have dramatically improved

No Problem... LOL and thank you for your Honest Opinion :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Drove a buddies '15 Ram Big Horn with Eco diesel up to Lake of the Woods last month. 1840km one way. Cost us less than $300 in fuel there and back with a full load. Awesome!!

I have had a couple RAm trucks, but older ones, and they NEVER had an issue. Both were great trucks.

S.