Happy 150th Canada

Rodbender

That is too cool. How did you do that? I remember like yesterday the entire school being let out to sing Oh Canada in 67'. I can't remember is that the year we got our new flag?

I have been lucky enough to travel to every continent other than the Antarctic and can tell you without any qualms we live in the best country on this planet. We have our problems like every other country but I would never choose to live the rest of my life anywhere else.

Happy Birthday Canada.

That is too cool. How did you do that?

Happy Birthday Canada.

Pretty easy set a Canada Flag about 3' behind the blade of grass spay grass with water focus on the water drop and presto the refraction of the flag comes through then rotate image so Flag is right side up :D

My set up was

Nikon D7200

Tameron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens

Nikon Sb700 flash with diffuser set at TTl

Yongnuo Flash off camera to light the Flag

Yongnuo 603 Flash Triggers

Stand and clamp to hold the blade of grass

Spray bottle to mist the grass

Excellent RB. You sure have some Primo equipment there. I took photography for a year at Sheridan back in 73' (they had a Football team) and had to buy a 2" format Hasselblad, $3500.00 then!!! The price of a new car. Sold it for 4 grand a year latter.

Yes 1965 was when we got our own flag. Many of the Gen Xers and Millennials have no idea what The Canadian Ensign is.

Anyone remember Bobby Gimby's Canada song from 67'.

The slide show sure brings back some old memories.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

You can tell it's July 1st! Dui/seatbelt checks everywhere here by 10am hahahah.

Enjoy your day everyone and don't drink and drive!

Cool pics rodbender!!!!

Best country on earth hands down!

Happy bday Canada!!!

??????????????????????????

Edited by manitoubass2

A history of the flags flown as Canadian.

http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1444133232512#a21

Hey M2B2 did I talk to you last night? Someone must have slipped me a Mickey Finn. Fell out of bed and I bruised a few ribs. Celebrated Canada Day with the neighbours around a camp fire a day early.

Hahaha yep for a good 20 mins!

Hey Art, you spelled neighbour wrong. An early happy 4th to you too. We will be going over the ditch to Western NY to visit family and have a traditional US BBQ. My favorite is the split chickens on the real deal 4'X8' table top BBQ with blazing charcoal that we get from the Live Hose and a plate full of Aunt Franny's Mac and Cheese. I wonder if any of my Canuck friends here know what " the Live Hose" is? Ooops forgot the sacks full of Little Neck Clams. When we were kids we charged all the Uncles a penny each to open them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

And happy to call you my brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :canadian:

Thank you for that thought Brian, much appreciated, never really worked with Italian heritage folks, not many in my industry. My best and cherished friends are of Canadian origin and I cherish those friendships including ones I have made on this site.

One of my friends is and Aboriginal artist now residing in BC, named Ice Bear, his work is amazing proud to have worked with him.

he has done a lot of work in Ontario for our Forst Nations.

MAnoutulin Bass may have heard of him, if you have chime in.

OI you gave ART grief on spelling neighbour wrong! well you spelled favourite wrong! who ever invented auto correct didn't figure out our American/Canadian friendship.

Art and all of our American neighbours (spelled right) Happy Fourth of July!

BTW It's less expensive to spell American it saves ink! That extra u can add up when you print a book! lol.

Edited by ketchenany

Thank you for that thought Brian, much appreciated, never really worked with Italian heritage folks, not many in my industry. My best and cherished friends are of Canadian origin and I cherish those friendships including ones I have made on this site.

One of my friends is and Aboriginal artist now residing in BC, named Ice Bear, his work is amazing proud to have worked with him.

he has done a lot of work in Ontario for our Forst Nations.

MAnoutulin Bass may have heard of him, if you have chime in.

OI you gave ART grief on spelling neighbour wrong! well you spelled favourite wrong! who ever invented auto correct didn't figure out our American/Canadian friendship.

Art and all of our American neighbours (spelled right) Happy Fourth of July!

BTW It's less expensive to spell American it saves ink! That extra u can add up when you print a book! lol.

Bonus points for Capitalising American thanks for the well wishes I truly am glad that I have traveled around Canada and see what a great place it is and the people are top notch. Your pride in your Nation is well deserved.

Art

Manitoulin bass??? Lol

Art and Ohio glad you guys have great things to say about our country!

No thanks necessary for me, it was home away from home for me for 25 years. Just a great place with great people, the only destination that held a real interest for me.

Art

I have dual citizenship so I spell whomever I feel closer to which Nation at any specific time. I just wish I was paid in USD every month. Yesterday I was a maple leaf toting Canuck, Tuesday I will take the Stars and Stripes and raise it with pride. And of course take advantage of the 2 BBQ's in a few days!!!