Must haves in your boat

Hey guys. So two years ago I bought my first boat and haven't really ran into any problems just a little fix here and there. Theres a bunch of you on here that have had a boat for several years and I'm sure you have run into issues. So I'm just wondering what are some things that you always keep in your boat or even car that have helped you out in the past? Thanks

A battery booster pack. A must have for helping others more than a few times. They now are small enough to fit in a glove box and have USB connections.

Yes, these are awesome. I also keep a large tarp and some bungee cords to make a shelter, lays flat nicely in the floor storage, a machete and a small ratchet set and screwdriver set, probably other crap too but I can't think off the top of my head. GOOD THREAD!

A towel, small roll of duct tape, a piece of weed trimmer line to clear obstructed tell tales on the outboard, Jumper cables, standard small tool kit, Long handle needle nose pliers, spare batteries for trolling motor remote, small first aid kit, small set of bolt cutters, sunscreen, bug spray, spare hat and rain suit and a headlamp. All things that often get put into use other than the bolt cutters and the jumper cables. But when you need them, you'll really need them! My old dog leaned on a rapala once out on the lake, and it was bolt cutter surgery time! All worked out!

Edited by porkpie

My 1986 35hp merc blew a fuse that was under the cowling one day, no idea why, it was starting fine and the next time I went to start it ? nothing. Luckily I was fishing in sheltered waters with a marina in site, I just used my electric motor to cruise over there and buy some spare fuses.

One of my son's friends came over to do some plumbing work for us, and he used this for lighting. I was impressed enough by it that I bought a six pack of them on ebay. Aside from being a great little light to have around for power outages and as a work light? The red strobe light is a great feature in case you break down on the road at night, all my kids got one for their cars.

On our backlake trips, I always take some tylenol#3's just in case a kid breaks an ankle or something

Also benedryl in case we encountered something unknown someone allergic too.

Keep in mind, we almost always have shore lunch on backlake trips so the possibility of injury is higher

Also cotton balls dipped in Vaseline.

Edited by manitoubass2

spare tire - grease gun / grease for bearings, heat shrink butt connectors & lighter, spare bulbs and a first aid kit. sunscreen hat, muskol, tool kit

for the great lakes add a few extra times like a (registered) DSC radio, sea anchor and flares (don't care how big your boat is)

Last year i used a gravel boat launch and couldnt get my boat out of the water. I have a front wheel drive vehicle. Anyways a couple guys helped me out. Would of been screwed if no one was there. Anyways i built something at home that you guys may get a laugh at. I cut two fence boards (2 feet each) and screwed a roofing shingle on each of them. So if i get stuck again just put these two boards in front of my front tires and off i go lol. Have a feeling it was a waste of time.

Last year i used a gravel boat launch and couldnt get my boat out of the water. I have a front wheel drive vehicle. Anyways a couple guys helped me out. Would of been screwed if no one was there. Anyways i built something at home that you guys may get a laugh at. I cut two fence boards (2 feet each) and screwed a roofing shingle on each of them. So if i get stuck again just put these two boards in front of my front tires and off i go lol. Have a feeling it was a waste of time.

Not a bad idea, probably work well in winter snow too.