Ontario Hydro

DRIFTER_016

Metal roof!!!

Just sayin'. ;)

I think that's the only route I would go if I were to do one. But at my house the roof was redone a year prior to buying it so I have an 8 year old roof. Seems silly to pay for a new metal one lol

My panels are going on my roof @ the cabin.

Probably going to run my cables in conduit so the squirrels and ravens can't mess with them.

Roof is metal so I don't have to worry about them messing about with that.

1,800 watts of panels will be connecting to an 80 amp charge controller and to a bank of 6 volt deep cycle batteries which then connect to a 3,500 watt switching inverter and generator. The entire system should be about $10K but will run everything I need to.

Generator should only need to be run in winter due to lack of sunlight. With 20 hours of daylight in the summer it will not need to be used.

Round and round we go, where the insanity stops nobody knows. Well we would if we put their feet to the fire..... No like I mean a real fire. How much fun would it be to watch a politician bbq'd ?? Only when

they become too incompetent or emboldened for theirs and our own good of course. ???

Edited by moxie

Round and round we go, where the insanity stops nobody knows. Well we would if we put their feet to the fire..... No like I mean a real fire. How much fun would it be to watch a politician bbq'd ?? Only when

they become too incompetent or emboldened for theirs and our own good of course. ???

Don't know if anyone watched the nato stuff today but Trump took it to them about how the US is paying more than the rest of every other nato member he was hilarious. Great to see someone not tiptoe around stuff.

My panels are going on my roof @ the cabin.

Probably going to run my cables in conduit so the squirrels and ravens can't mess with them.

Roof is metal so I don't have to worry about them messing about with that.

1,800 watts of panels will be connecting to an 80 amp charge controller and to a bank of 6 volt deep cycle batteries which then connect to a 3,500 watt switching inverter and generator. The entire system should be about $10K but will run everything I need to.

Generator should only need to be run in winter due to lack of sunlight. With 20 hours of daylight in the summer it will not need to be used.

Look at a couple steel posts and a frame to mount them. It would be easier on your roof in the long run and easy to drill a couple epoxy anchors into that rock to hold the posts likely cheaper than what you need for roof mounts as well

Look at a couple steel posts and a frame to mount them. It would be easier on your roof in the long run and easy to drill a couple epoxy anchors into that rock to hold the posts likely cheaper than what you need for roof mounts as well

Problem is they won't get any sun at all in the late fall through early spring due to trees and rock hills.

The system Mike Holmes jr put in his house is what I think would help cut the hydro company out, big inverter/battery bank. Don't wanna see the bill for that one though haha everything they quote out on those shows seems more like double than what it should be ?

Sorry you all are getting to political change directions or I will lock it.

Thanks

Art

It was political from the start...this means I can start posting about Climate Change again with no fear of consequences? :)

The system Mike Holmes jr put in his house is what I think would help cut the hydro company out, big inverter/battery bank. Don't wanna see the bill for that one though haha everything they quote out on those shows seems more like double than what it should be

Was it like the Tesla systems? Those look amazing.

Tesla solar roof: https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2016/10/Unknown-1.jpeg

Plus powerwall: https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/powerwall

When I ran the calcs this system would pay for itself in 4.5 years in Northern Ontario. 1 year if you need to replace the shingles anyway.

Was it like the Tesla systems? Those look amazing.

Tesla solar roof: https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2016/10/Unknown-1.jpeg

Plus powerwall: https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/powerwall

When I ran the calcs this system would pay for itself in 4.5 years in Northern Ontario. 1 year if you need to replace the shingles anyway.

Really? The figure that I read was $50,000 USD for a Tesla roof with battery system. We wouldn't need the battery system in Ontario if you sell back to the grid. But even without a battery system a one year pay back doesn't sound reasonable.

Edited by JohnBacon

Just install some turbines and a waterfall on your property lol

I seem to be one of the few not getting nailed on hydro(thankfully)

We have 10 people in the house, high school age kids that don't understand why it shouldn't take an hour to shower, and our bill is still only around $120-140/month

Just install some turbines and a waterfall on your property lol

I seem to be one of the few not getting nailed on hydro(thankfully)

We have 10 people in the house, high school age kids that don't understand why it shouldn't take an hour to shower, and our bill is still only around $120-140/month

Are you hooked into Manitoba's power grid? LOL

Doesn't make sense unless you have everything running on gas.

Are you hooked into Manitoba's power grid? LOL

Doesn't make sense unless you have everything running on gas.

I can't explain it, it is was it is. Been that way for a few years since neighbours complained of $1200/month bills

I just hope it keeps up lol

To the few who keep going political you are on your last round of forgiveness. It is summer time we are all busy with the great outdoors I do not have time to read all of the threads so I expect people to police themselves for the most part many have done a good job. For the few who keep pushing the political thoughts here you are going to become really unhappy when your account is Mod Qed if you have to ask if it is you then it most likely is.

Enjoy the summer and if you have forgotten the rules then please reread them I prefer NOT to have to Q anyone.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Art