2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Yeah, obviously as Bruce said the Sens don't want the circus coming to town. Which is exactly what a decades worth of playoff deprived laff fans are. You wouldn't want cockroaches in your kitchen would you? LOL So why would we want the laffs circus coming to our building.

:dunno::whistling:

Yeah, obviously as Bruce said the Sens don't want the circus coming to town. Which is exactly what a decades worth of playoff deprived laff fans are. You wouldn't want cockroaches in your kitchen would you? LOL So why would we want the laffs circus coming to our building.

:dunno::whistling:

Well you wouldn't, because you won't be able to hear over the GO LEAFS GO chants at either arena. :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Is there any worse place to watch a home game then Ottawa? Seriously, I'd really hate showing up to cheer for my home team only to be drowned out by the other teams fans, lol.

Blah blah blah :blahblah1:

Another laffite stereotype, the only fans we have that outstay their welcome are the laff fans. Which in itself is amazing that there actually are any laff fans alive. Any fan who could remember the last time the laffs won, would have to be 60 years old or more. Given the life expectancy in Canada is like 75, that doesn't leave a lot of fans lol. So all the younger so called fans are just a cash cow for the management.

Silly laffites, one almost decent season in a lifetime is not a good reason to support the laffs, but then a whole generation of brainwashed laffites is nothing but the result of their mommies and daddies poor team choice. :clapping:

:w00t::rofl2:

Any fan who could remember the last time the laffs won, would have to be 60 years old or more.

Are we forgetting Ottawa hasn't won since 1927???!!!! So anyone that remembers that win is at least 100 years old!!! LOL

Oh the glory years in Ottawa...saddling up your horse and heading to the outdoor rink for the big game. Apparently it was a great series and if movie cameras had been invented, we could all enjoy the LAST winning team in Ottawa!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup_anim::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon when a team is hot. Or if you are clueless and like the Sens for some reason. There will be no bigger party then when the leafs win the cup. And all the die hards will be loving it.

Where as if Ottawa ever wins the cup, they won't have to worry about riot control because no one will come.

Edited by jeremy84

Blah blah blah :blahblah1:

Another laffite stereotype, the only fans we have that outstay their welcome are the laff fans. Which in itself is amazing that there actually are any laff fans alive. Any fan who could remember the last time the laffs won, would have to be 60 years old or more. Given the life expectancy in Canada is like 75, that doesn't leave a lot of fans lol. So all the younger so called fans are just a cash cow for the management.

Silly laffites, one almost decent season in a lifetime is not a good reason to support the laffs, but then a whole generation of brainwashed laffites is nothing but the result of their mommies and daddies poor team choice. :clapping:

:w00t::rofl2:

It's not a stereotype it's a fact, lol. You can't even have a home town advantage at home! How do you handle the embarrassment?

Good stuff lol .. Matt you crack me up buddie..Keep em comming man..

Now I have a serious question.. Has anyone been to Malel Leafs Square for the tailgate party? A buddie and I are going dowm tomorrow to hang out in the sea of Blue for the game..Has anyone been at all? Whats the best time to arrive? do they sell beer?

Looks like it's time to start watching the NHL. Now someone is going to say I'm not a "real" hockey fan. Wrong, I am one of those old fogies that remembers when the Leafs won the Holy Grail. Heck I could name each and every player on the Leafs and I was a Habitant fan there were only two ways to learn how. One game a week, every Saturday night on the original one and only Hockey Night In Canada with Foster Hewitt, I don't remember him having a side kick colour commentary guy and 2, reading a newspaper. When I have time I will tell you pups what a newspaper is. Ooops forgot the 3rd, listening to the radio. I could name every starting player in the entire league in 1967. There were 6 teams so it wasn't that difficult to do.

When you heard Mr. Hewitt say " For all the hockey fans across Canada and Newfoundland welcome to Labatt's Hockey Night in Canada. Maybe it was "Molsons" hell I have trouble remembering where my car is at the I.G.A so give me a break. Regardless it was time for the best night of the week. Danny Galivan was the best play by play guy for me.

His calls were legendary " Dryden was larcenous on that save, in rapier like fashion his gauntlet stymied Orr." We were lucky enough to see all these guys when they were in the OHL. The Old Barn on Barton St. in Hamilton hosted the Red Wings farm team and we snuck in every game we could. After the 1st period was over the back door was left unlocked by Mr. Schneider who was our neighbour a retired beat Cop and our school crossing guard. God bless him. He gave me a German Walther PPK and a shoulder holster for my grade 6 grad if I could get a B average, imagine that happening today? Wow. My Mom was fine with it after he removed the firing pin and kept the clip. I had it until the 80's when they were giving amnesty if you turned in your unregistered weapons.

Edited by Old Ironmaker