2019-2020 Hockey Thread

There was a time ( a bloody long time) I would criticize the player decisions on this team. But not with this exec team...they've made great decisions and I have complete faith in the direction they're going. Gardiner is NOT my favorite, but if Babcock is ok with him, I'm ok with him. LOL

And again, I love the fact this team is in every game and losing. I'm not in a hurry to see these guys place 8th and bugger up a draft pick. Beating the Pens was very impressive and showed what's ahead for this team. But until we can beat them 4 out of 7 games it doesn't matter. Go Leafs Go!!

I agree...and what about Kadri? A few years ago I was wondering if he'd make it in this league. He's turning him into a fantastic shutdown forward. I don't think Crosby had a shot on net until the third?

I commented on that. Kadri played a fantastic defensive game and almost had a SC top ten goal as well.

Kadri has become the player nobody wants to match up against.

I questioned him early on as well but not anymore.

He has the talent to score alot of goals too, but im prefectly fine with him lighting it up once in awhile in trade for his strong defensive presence.

The comment about "babcock is ok with him, then I am too" is exactly how I feel too.

These players are shaping up to be something really special in the near future.

And every game is full of great plays, hustle and heart.

Ive shaken my head less times this entire year than I would in one game 2 years ago

I agree...and what about Kadri? A few years ago I was wondering if he'd make it in this league. He's turning him into a fantastic shutdown forward. I don't think Crosby had a shot on net until the third?

Kadri has turned into a player no one wants to play against. You can match him up against the best (Crosby) and he'll be on his ass all night. That's not what everyone expected from him I think, but it's a role he's definitely good at.

What about Hyman..Funny name serious talent.. Even my wife laughs out loud when she hears the commentators say things like Hyman gets smashed..LMAO...Seriously though..If you would have told me last season Hyman would be the player he is this season I would have called you crazy..

What about Hyman..Funny name serious talent.. Even my wife laughs out loud when she hears the commentators say things like Hyman gets smashed..LMAO...Seriously though..If you would have told me last season Hyman would be the player he is this season I would have called you crazy..

Agreed

Now we just need him to match up against alexander semin and get in a brawl(slapping match)

Edited by manitoubass2

Kadri has turned into a player no one wants to play against. You can match him up against the best (Crosby) and he'll be on his ass all night. That's not what everyone expected from him I think, but it's a role he's definitely good at.

Never been a fan of Kadri...but leave it to the best coach in the world to figure out the guy and put him in a role that he is succeeding in beyond anything anyone could have ever imagined.

Heard in an interview that he now enjoys not allowing crosby to score more than he enjoys scoring himself.

Kadri is pissing off a lot of players in the league with his dirty plays, diving and arrogance. He is not liked by a lot of players and don't be surprised if he get smashed and trampled soon and often.

You get a guy like him who runs around doing stuff with no respect to players, Some call it playing on the edge, personally I think it"s just that hes and A hole who thinks he is the stuff. He gets suspended for cheap shots and dirty play. Then you have a guy like Chris Neil who at 1000 games who plays clean, fights hard and has some skill who has respect of all the league and has never been suspended. Because he has class, which Kadri has obviously none.

Kadri is pissing off a lot of players in the league with his dirty plays, diving and arrogance. He is not liked by a lot of players and don't be surprised if he get smashed and trampled soon and often.

You get a guy like him who runs around doing stuff with no respect to players, Some call it playing on the edge, personally I think it"s just that hes and A hole who thinks he is the stuff. He gets suspended for cheap shots and dirty play. Then you have a guy like Chris Neil who at 1000 games who plays clean, fights hard and has some skill who has respect of all the league and has never been suspended. Because he has class, which Kadri has obviously none.

And sidney crosby says what?

Chris neil is a great player. But hes not the "norm" thats for sure.

For every neil their is 150 marchands(I did the numbers, its science)

And sidney crosby says what?

Chris neil is a great player. But hes not the "norm" thats for sure.

For every neil their is 150 marchands(I did the numbers, its science)

Neil is a great player in his role. Not an elite player by any means no. He plays his role well and does it with class and respect, that's all I was saying.

If Kadri wants success and longevity in this league, he needs to smarten up. He has the skill to be a good player, just no class.

Neil is a great player in his role. Not an elite player by any means no. He plays his role well and does it with class and respect, that's all I was saying.

If Kadri wants success and longevity in this league, he needs to smarten up. He has the skill to be a good player, just no class.

YUP

Bias *yawn* Edited by Lucas F

The "no class" thing is bull.

If you make the NHl and show up everynight there is a 99.999% chance you have class.

If you last 3 seasons you definitely have class.

You just dont like the guy, shows how effective he is that he doesnt just piss off his defensive assignment...

I used to think alot of players showed no class, then I grew up and realized I just dont like them as hockey playes.

I hate brad marchand but love tootoo.

I hated marty mcsorely but loved donald brashear

At the end if the day all these guys are out meeting fans, supporting charity etc. Class acts!

The "no class" thing is bull.

If you make the NHl and show up everynight there is a 99.999% chance you have class.

If you last 3 seasons you definitely have class.

You just dont like the guy, shows how effective he is that he doesnt just piss off his defensive assignment...

I used to think alot of players showed no class, then I grew up and realized I just dont like them as hockey playes.

I hate brad marchand but love tootoo.

I hated marty mcsorely but loved donald brashear

At the end if the day all these guys are out meeting fans, supporting charity etc. Class acts!

100% agree, added onto that a lot of the guys you hate, because they're not on your team, put them on it and you'll love him...

I hate Marchand, except when he plays for team Canada lol

The no class argument is the cop out for saying "well ya know I just don't like him for no real reason so I'm going to assault his character even though I have absolutely no idea what goes on in a day in their life"

Did anyone see that segment the other night on NHL teams with the most points from rookies??

#1 - Leafs --- 117 points!!

#2 - Jets --- 43 points!!

#3 - Not the Senators!!!

That's got future success written all over it. :clapping:

OMG now thats funny. :rofl2: