2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Did anyone catch the PK Subban documentary on HBO tonight? I watched it twice, very well done. On again Nov. 20 at 8PM and at 10PM tomorrow night HBO Canada. He is in a Nashville uniform at training camp by the end of the program. He was devastated by the trade, he didn't see it coming. He tried not to show his disappointment but the kid wears his heart on his sleeve. I can see how he can rub traditionalists of the game the wrong way. He seems to try a bit too hard to be popular. Like 10 million dollars worth of a charitable donation.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Did anyone catch the PK Subban documentary on HBO tonight? I watched it twice, very well done. On again Nov. 20 at 8PM and at 10PM tomorrow night HBO Canada. He is in a Nashville uniform at training camp by the end of the program. He was devastated by the trade, he didn't see it coming. He tried not to show his disappointment but the kid wears his heart on his sleeve. I can see how he can rub traditionalists of the game the wrong way. He seems to try a bit too hard to be popular. Like 10 million dollars worth of a charitable donation.

I won`t watch it....He wore out his welcome pretty quick in Montreal...the media and most fans loved him, his teammates and management not so much!

Very few if any of his teammates were sorry to see him go....he wasn`t even nominated by his teammates for the King Clancy award that says something....

Talking about hits... That one on van reimsdyk was totally uncalled for, there's a second left in the game and you're gonna send a guy head first into the boards from a few feet out? Dangerous play

I have no issue with it. When I coach 1 second means the game is still on. Finishing your checks.

And its jvr's dumba.. going head first into the boards, he wasnt even hit, he got a lil nudge and lost his edge.

Glad he wasnt hurt thought hew my favorite leaf.

How bout the blackhawks last night! Boy way to blow a big lead vancouver!

Edited by manitoubass2

I have no issue with it. When I coach 1 second means the game is still on. Fishing your checks.

And its jvr's dumba.. going head first into the boards, he wasnt even hit, he got a lil nudge and lost his edge.

Glad he wasnt hurt thought hew my favorite leaf.

How bout the blackhawks last night! Boy way to blow a big lead vancouver!

I Agree. Not to defend Emelin, but the hit was a light tap. Even Don Cherry said JVR put himself in the position to get hit.

on a positive note, the leafs are looking a little more dangerous this year. fun to watch the new young guys.

Edited by huzzsaba

They certainly are fun to watch!

I noticed maybe 5 or 6 mistakes that were minor, and montreal made the same mistakes.

Other than that is was high flying hard hitting skilled hockey

And how exciting is it we figured out how to enter the zone!!!! Hahahahahaha its about time!!!

The rookies look great, thats a line that could tally some points as the gel abit.

Now Price. I wish every goaltender would study him, especially his lack of movement when its not necessary.

Being a big NHL fan I watch goals everynight created by TOO MUCH MOVEMENT by the goaltenders ie. Slap shot from the point, going top right or left corner, the goaltender butterflies and catches it or blocks it. If the rebound isnt controlled this results in numerous unnecesary goals.

Price, stand up, barely moves, only exerting enough energy to CATCH THE DARN PUCK

Its a beautiful skill to watch.

Imo hes not the best goalie in the league, hes the best player in the league

They certainly are fun to watch!

I noticed maybe 5 or 6 mistakes that were minor, and montreal made the same mistakes.

Other than that is was high flying hard hitting skilled hockey

And how exciting is it we figured out how to enter the zone!!!! Hahahahahaha its about time!!!

The rookies look great, thats a line that could tally some points as the gel abit.

Now Price. I wish every goaltender would study him, especially his lack of movement when its not necessary.

Being a big NHL fan I watch goals everynight created by TOO MUCH MOVEMENT by the goaltenders ie. Slap shot from the point, going top right or left corner, the goaltender butterflies and catches it or blocks it. If the rebound isnt controlled this results in numerous unnecesary goals.

Price, stand up, barely moves, only exerting enough energy to CATCH THE DARN PUCK

Its a beautiful skill to watch.

Imo hes not the best goalie in the league, hes the best player in the league

I Believe the same about Price. I like his humility most of all. I hope he stays healthy this year and wish the team in front continues to play like they did in October. Its about time they win the cup. they have all the pieces in place.

I Believe the same about Price. I like his humility most of all. I hope he stays healthy this year and wish the team in front continues to play like they did in October. Its about time they win the cup. they have all the pieces in place.

Did you see what they did last year without Price? They are FAR from having all the right pieces in place.

Did you see what they did last year without Price? They are FAR from having all the right pieces in place.

You are right. Probably not the right pieces, but if they stay consistent, they can go far. Main thing is Price has to healthy, and goal scoring has to be there in the playoffs, otherwise its a one man team.

Far from a one man team...we are one solid experienced D man away from being a serious contender and if you throw in a good veteran center I am planning the parade route.... :clapping:

I would think the Habs brass realize they have a window here where they are serious contenders and will act accordingly....

And us Habs fans will not apologize for having Carey Price on our team....

Edited by lookinforwalleye

I would think the Habs brass realize they have a window here where they are serious contenders and will act accordingly....

I hope they realize this. I am happy to see them winning despite their usual players not getting the goals and points. i also hope they can give Montoya a little more support after the last 2 losses with him back there.

I agree the all star game has become a crock in itself.. None of the players actually want to play it anymore..They would rather have the weekend off to spend with family or on a beach somewhere warm. What the fans did with John Scott actually made it fun and interesting..Guess were back to the same old boring drab All star game..