2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I think this article was written by someone who doesn't follow hockey.

There is no debate at all as to who won the trade between Montreal and Nashville. Montreal made the move to acquire Weber to win now. He was supposed to make the team better in the short term but be worse then P.K in the long term. Now, short term Nashville is in the final while Montreal had a first round exit. Its almost impossible for anything to happen that would make me say that Montreal won this trade.

Yep, they were out played for 50 minutes.

No way they should have won.

I have no idea how they could call that first goal offside when I couldn't tell on my big HD plasma but they could on an ipad. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

With cutting edge technology like that they should be calling YOU!! :tease:

^^^ Yes, the ref's wear headphones and are talking to guys with much better access to the different views and details. I think the Ipads are just so the refs can follow along with the explanations. I think they get more right than wrong...to me, the weirdness is in the rules, not the rulings. :dunno:

the ruling is also not my concern, the rule is the problem. Why are we even reviewing and stopping hockey games for such trivial crap. Takes away from the game entirely.

I honestly think the best solution is that if you challenge and lose, your team automatically gets a 2 minute delay of game penalty and goes on the penalty kill.

You would literally never see a challenge again unless it was very blatant...and at that point I think we are all ok with it.

I think Montreal initiated and made the PK trade because he was disruptive and toxic to the team's chemistry, on and off the ice.

having fun, scoring and winning are such terrible traits...we need to do more to punish kids that like having a good time while playing hockey. More parents fighting in the stands is also a great idea.

I get it...the humble approach ala auston matthews, sidney crosby, wayne gretzky, mcdavid is great...but subban catches 100000x more flack than guys like taylor hall, tyler seguin and brad marchand who are just huge coke head d bags...what a joke.

having fun, scoring and winning are such terrible traits...we need to do more to punish kids that like having a good time while playing hockey. More parents fighting in the stands is also a great idea.

I get it...the humble approach ala auston matthews, sidney crosby, wayne gretzky, mcdavid is great...but subban catches 100000x more flack than guys like taylor hall, tyler seguin and brad marchand who are just huge coke head d bags...what a joke.

Subban won me over last year when he did his version of the ice bucket challenge in Toronto. Worth having a watch. The guy looks like he tries to be good humoured about just about everything.

seriously, if you hate subban, you are either A) racist or B) an idiot yourself

you are actually going to dislike a guy because he celebrates when he scores and chirps on the ice? seriously? Can someone please tell me one actual negative fact about PK Subban that would serve as a reason to hate the guy?

The guy has never said a bad thing about anyone, he donates a ridiculous amount of time and money to a childrens hospital, is not a "dirty player" and literally never even said a bad thing about montreal when they dumped him for a geezer.

my favourite quote ever was when a banana throwing incident happened somewhere and they asked subban what he would do if someone threw a banana at him...."id eat it"

Edited by AKRISONER

I hated Subban for his slash on Stone in the playoffs, now I want so bad for him to march down the streets of Montreal with the cup lol

You can't hate a guy who did what he did for the sick kids......total class.

Finally something we can agree on Matt. The largest charitable donation in Canadian sports history. To have your team associated with that type of player would be in their best interest. But at the same time I feel PK would be an "acquired taste" because of his flamboyance and "energy" around the team. Coaching and management along with other players didn't want him around anymore.

I like PK myself and hope he bring that cup to the sick kids hospital. Not looking good at the moment though.

Finally something we can agree on Matt. The largest charitable donation in Canadian sports history. To have your team associated with that type of player would be in their best interest. But at the same time I feel PK would be an "acquired taste" because of his flamboyance and "energy" around the team. Coaching and management along with other players didn't want him around anymore.

I like PK myself and hope he bring that cup to the sick kids hospital. Not looking good at the moment though.

you can see how he would really clash with less talented quiet players like patches...hahaha perhaps the most enjoyable thing about Subban is how butt hurt Montreal is about it ahahha