Another off the TOON bucket list ADD another one

misfish

Was to be a weekend of 4 lakes in 4 days, but the season of salmon upon us and steel head to follow, I wanted to try something different.

Call it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Taking advantage with the toon,

Advantage= getting away, out from the wading crowd on the rivers edge. Out where they cant get.

Well today was the day to figure out, where to be. I wasnt expecting much as the run has been behind. It was more of a scouting day.

I was up at 2:30 am and only thinking of the days event. Knowing it was way to early to hit the road, I just tossed and turn til 3:45. The hell with it, get up and get on the road. No matter my age, I just want to go.LOL

I get to my spot hours before light, but it gave me time to get set up and retie a couple of rods. They didnt need to be, but I had time to kill. I could hear waves crashing the shore. I thought this odd, as there was no wind. Talking to a fella that was there, said yesterday the winds had water rolling in big time.

Once there was a bit of light on the horizon, I started my drift out over 3 ft rollers. I could hear the talk on the banks about my craft. All positve. Look at that guy, thats cool. (I wonder if that will be the same when I cut a path during the busy steelhead season?) LOL

Not having been out there before, I had asked the help of my buddy James about the lay of the area, I headed out on his advise..Once I thought I was where I was to be, I started to throw a spinner.

GBay sunrise, another first.

DSCF3382.JPG

After about a half hour of that, I switched up to floating a row bag till there was enough light to see where I was.

me.JPG

No luck with either baits, I had to go with my ole fav. The Kwik fish. A few casts in and fish on. Landed. Bucket list complete. Not a big fish, but landed. Bucket fish completed. A half hour later, line goes limp on a retrive. Reel fast and pull up. Fish on. Number two. Im like this is so awesome. Drifting out and rowwing back (didnt bother with the flippers) several times, I worked the whole mouth. No depth finder required. Just look down and i knew where I was going and knew when I was on my spot after a few times. Fishing with long rods on the toon can be frustrating. Im sure it will get easier. :whistling::Gonefishing:

Anyhoo, took me a while to get this video together. Need to get some help on editing.

My first salmon and second on the toon. Yah, I sound like a giddy school boy. Like I care. LOL Im having fun.

Cant wait to do this again.

Edited by Brian B

Thanks a bunch guys. As for filming, I gave the crew the day off, along with today. Maybe next time. LOL

I had to go back up there this morning. Hell, gas is 88.9 a lt in Stayner,and the Ram sips it like fine wine, so why not.

I made it out at dark, threw the toon anchor out and just sat and waited for daylight to come. Even watched a guy fight a fish while sipping on my cup of java. Once the light came, the water was as clear as gin. Totally different then yesterday. Went from east to south. You talk about trying to stay controled in that wind and the current of the river. Was a bit frustrating, but figured it out. I think a small drift sock is in order for this type of fishing from the toon. The bite was slow, boats were way out. I did have a few short strikes. Managed to get me an eater which is just fine by me.

Got to talking with some of the regulars there today when I came off . They were interested in my set up. Good bunch of fellas. The one guy I talked to yesterday, offered to open the fish cleaning station for me to use yesterday and did today as well.

Looks like were in for some rain tonight, and all day saturday. Gives me a reason to head on down to woodyville get my shepard peppers and get them roasted and stored. Might even get some roasted garlic done in a few jars.

A short video from today.

That would be a blast fishing from a Toon. I have never seen one close up or far away for that matter. I can see a good size King pulling you around Brian. What does the whole set up weigh Brian? A Go Pro stick is a great idea then we can see you too.

??????????????

Lets see you lift it up on your shoulders and carry it. LMAO.

i just carried one of these out of the bush...they arent that heavy? maybe im missing the joke?

yup missed the joke i forgot terrys has a pool deck, theatre and 3 dining rooms

Edited by AKRISONER