Advance Taxidermy got robbed NF

ketchenany

I don't know what happened so I will not accuse them of anything

It's not my place to say

But the value. In my opinion seems high .. And that might be why I have never got antlers done before

Edited by Terry

21 K probably is to cover the cost of their customers trip to wherever they hunted the animal. You just can't replace a set of antlers. When I was a taxidermist, this is what nightmares are made of. Imagine having to make the call to a customer and tell them their trophy is gone.

Advanced Taxidermy charges an absolute fortune for their work.

It is embarrasing that they would keep unreplacable items in a trailer.

You can't even imagine what their profit margin is....its massive!

Build an addition, climate controlled with fire suppression, if you want to be known as "the best".

I hope they have some real explaining to do.

Shawn and James of Advanced, are two of the very best in the world at what they do.

They charge as much as they do because of that. When a client spends upwards of 50 to 75 thousand US dollars to travel to far away lands for a controlled trophy hunt, they don't want Billy Bob from Skeeter's Taxidermy doing the mount.

I don't agree with the idea of trophy hunting, but it is allowed, and most of the operators are legal and obey the laws of the land.

Just my opinion, so don't shoot me and hang me on the wall...... LOL

Further to Tom's comments. Most taxidermists are underpaid and we (past life) all wished we could charge what Advanced charges. That's how you take it out of the basement and make a living at it. Many people think it's a hobby and should have their mounts done for next to nothing. It's a serious art form that many can't do, so those that are good at it should be compensated properly.

21 K probably is to cover the cost of their customers trip to wherever they hunted the animal. You just can't replace a set of antlers. When I was a taxidermist, this is what nightmares are made of. Imagine having to make the call to a customer and tell them their trophy is gone.

I'll believe that when the insurance settles up & they send all the customers who's antlers were taken a full refund for deposites + full refunds for their hunting trips which got the antlers.

A little to hard to believe if you ask me.

And I'm positive an insurance adjuster will think the same.