I'm sure gonna miss her

lew

You got me Lew. I thought you lost your old dog. Selling a boat you love hurts too. I am not able to justify keeping my 19 footer because I am not using it enough either in the past few years. It seems the winds are getting worse every year here on Erie and all my fishing buds have boats of their own. My wife has been out once in the last 2 years with me, and it blew up that day too. If it was a business decision it would be a no brainer. They say the 2 best days are the day buying a boat and selling it. Bull.

My brother made the same call last year Lew, after talking about it for 2 or 3 years. He never was a hard core fisherman but also used his boat for towing the kids around on inflatables and such. Well his kids grew up and he used the boat less. Then he got a trailer and hooked up with a group of friends who all had bigger boats for fishing out of Meaford...so he used his boat even less. Much like you he kept her in mint shape. Whoever ended up with it got one helluva deal.

Nice to hear you passed your boat onto a fellow muskie man who with appreciate it and keep it slimed.

That is definitely tough news, and it sounds like many of us here can empathize. When we moved from Barrie to Guelph, we had a similar decision. Our cottage in Parry Sound was just going to be too far away. We made the (very) difficult decision to sell it. Now we just go and rent a couple times a year. For us it was the right decision, and it certainly sounds like it is the right decision for you....not that that makes it any more easy to do. That is an awesome boat, I remember when you bought it. It will bring the new owner much joy and I am sure this is not the last time you will be fishing out of it!

​I walked by my boat one day and saw that the tires were indenting the asphalt drive way, the light came on.

​This boat only moves now two weeks a year. Realized it was time to part ways, paying insurance on something

​I rarely used any more, sold it in 1 day, first "looker" met my asking price for boat and trailer.

​Sold the motor separately for more than I paid for it the next weekend.

​Don't miss it at all. Just got interested in other things.

Good to hear I'm not the only one to get rid of boats that aren't being used enough.

Only issue that came up was when we book a cabin, specially for 2 weeks, we always haul a pile of stuff with us. I've got a short box pick-up so a lot of the bigger bulkier items would be carried in the boat along with my 8' rods so I needed another alternative so I bought a cap with roof racks on it.

I'll just store it at back of the yard when not being used.

Should work well.

007_1.jpg

Edited by lew

Funny with the mention of the Corvette and then the Ford GT cause for the last year I've been telling my wife we'd look REAL good cruising around these back country roads in a brand new yellow corvette convertible.

Don't think I've quite got her convinced yet though :lol:

Funny with the mention of the Corvette and then the Ford GT cause for the last year I've been telling my wife we'd look REAL good cruising around these back country roads in a brand new yellow corvette convertible.

Don't think I've quite got her convinced yet though :lol:

And it'll sit in the garage for 7 or 8 months a year, only get taken out on nice days when it's warm and the sun is shining, you'll be paying a premium for insurance because it's a convertible...... Sue always wanted a 57 T-Bird, we did the math, it would cost a lot less to just rent one when we wanted to go for a ride LOL.

Fella I worked with did a complete frame off restoration on the exact same car as yours Dan, right down to the little blue dot on the tail light and yours looks every bit as nice....you did a really beautiful job.

Those old Chevy's were gorgeous cars for sure and had a pile more style & class than most of the cookie cutter stuff they're putting out today.

Edited by lew