New member from Sturgeon Lake.

Tjames09

Hey everyone,

new member here thought i'd get the ball rolling. I mainly shore fish the Sturgeon river (where my in-laws have a place on the waterfront). We sometimes go out in the boat, but the boat they have isnt meant for fishing and the times we have gone out the water is usually pretty rough, and the boat they have is definitely not meant for rough water, it can get pretty scary out there in this tiny boat from the 70s.

Anyways Im always looking for new good shore spots aside from their dock. I have gone to the old railroad bridge north of Ken Reid park to fish but havent really had any luck in that section. Ive also driven up to Long Beach to fish off the dock, but it felt like we werent supposed to be there, and we caught nothing.

ive looked into getting my own boat, but the Mrs isnt a fan of that investment :whistling::Gonefishing:

welcome,stick around for a bit,and when the walleyes are open you can jump in my boat and learn the lake a bit....I almost always have a open seat in my lund,so you are welcome to come with me....I have been fishing sturgeon and the kawarthas my entire life,,,,,,ya I know a few spots cheers

welcome,stick around for a bit,and when the walleyes are open you can jump in my boat and learn the lake a bit....I almost always have a open seat in my lund,so you are welcome to come with me....I have been fishing sturgeon and the kawarthas my entire life,,,,,,ya I know a few spots cheers

Welcome to ofc......take Shawn up on this offer. I know the lake well but this guy knows it like the back of his hand. Watch out for the locals they are kinda crazy haha

S.

You have 3 locals already posting on this, you're ahead there already. I'm in Lindsay so if you want to fish with me anytime you are close let me know.

Definitely. would love to get out with someone that knows the lake well. And has a proper fishing boat lol. Love catching walleyes as well.

Welcome.

I would take Shawn up on that offer if I was you.

Shawn is a walleye and bass king! When I was brand new on this board he took me out for walleye and learned a TON from him! Which reminds me....we gotta get out again Shawn. Lol

Thanks guys! Hopefully can make that happen come season