Marco Muzzo Trial Predictions --- N.F.

npt1

Not sure how long he will get... The maximum allowable (which is what I would give him if I were able) still won't bring back the innocents he killed. Then with all the "over crowding" , he is going to get out early most likely...

As for a civil suit how much of the family fortune does the guy actually have? Maybe a few million at his age? So if the survivors get it all plus 10 or more, again that isn't going to bring any one back.

Sadly cash is the one thing Muzzo's family reportedly has lots of. So how it is a real punishment for him, compared to the people living without their love ones?

Justice seems impossible to get in cases like this...

Many white collar criminals that received greater than 2 years never went to Millhaven, ever. Many if not most went to Worksworth Golf and Country Club. That is a fact. I remember a W5 program they did 20 or more years ago when they interview, can I say Black?, inmates that crossed the border from Detroit to rob a few banks from Sarnia to London out of Detroit that said they never lived in better conditions in their lives than our min security prisons because there wasn't room in Kingston. BBq's, TV's with cable, stereos, a veggie garden, putting green, pool table, 3 men for 3 bedroom condo, weekends off, I'll never forget that. All inclusive destination? Worksworth G&CC. They said they never had better living conditions and if they stayed for life it would be better than living home with 12 in a 2 bedroom apt. They chose Canada in case they got convicted.

How many of us can really cast stones at the guy when it comes to getting behind the wheel after having more to drink than you should have? When I was a young man, drinking and driving was commonplace. Younger people are much more responsible about drinking and driving now than they were 30 years ago.

Yes todays kids are a million times more responsible then my generation was. Throw a box of beer in the back seat of the car and away we go!!!!

Drinking and driving was pretty much an every weekend practice from age 16-21 when I was growing up. My daughter rarely drinks and I've never seen her drunk. My son will bend elbow's to excess but will phone a cab or a none drinking friend....EVERY TIME. Much more responsible then I was at that age. Must have something to do with his mother's parenting skills.

The difference between then (when we were kids) and now is that there is a pile of information about drinking and driving now. Heck, remember when we all smoked because it was cool and wouldn't hurt ya. In the 60's Toronto stopped at Sheppard AVE. Newmarket was the boonies back then. And drinking and driving was considered 'fun', mostly because you could backroad it home and never see another car.

Today there is so much traffic in and around the GTA that i is impossible to go anywhere any time and NOT run into traffic. With all the advertisements by MAAD and the senseless carnage caused by drunk drivers, I am still amazed that anyone would be that stupid. We should employ Swedish type laws for drunk driving. They are really strict, 0.02% (up to 6 months imprisonment), 0.10% (imprisonment, maximum 2 years). They also through in a fine. That's for the first offence, it gets worse after that. If you get into an accident or kill someone while driving drunk, well I am told that it's very severe punishment and none of that Bull that the driver is the sole provider/bread winner to lower the sentence. You are treated as a criminal.

Why anyone would drive after drinking is beyond me. The consequences of their actions can NEVER be undone. Lock them up and throw away the key.

muddler

Edited by muddler

Kids today have cab money that we give them.

Some...or most..yes I will not disagree.The treatment my brothers leeches get makes me puke. However my son moved out at the tender age of 21...never took a dime from Mom and Dad that wasn't to be paid back. Put himself through college and bought a house while working PT and going to school full time. And still calls a cab on his own dime if he decides to come over after work...we are within walking distance of his branch at work... and share a few bottles of wine with mom and dad when his significant other is working until 11PM and a go train ride away in Yorkdale.And BTW he is 26 an still doesn't own his first vehicle.

Far cry from my days at that age. I wish I was the man he is today back when I was that age.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I hear yah Steve.. when my father would be lecturing me (in 1981 or so) about the open beer left between the seats of the 'Bee parked behind the house, I would sway the conversation by asking him who the hell parked his car??.. at least mine was straight in it's spot!

A different time for sure and maybe me telling such stories of my misguided youth over the years kept my 3 kids on the straight and narrow. That and knowing Mom or Dad were more than willing to pick them up if need be, but they have never driven impaired to the best of my knowledge (of course my Mother would say the same about me!).

As for giving them cab money.. not a friggin chance. I was married at 20, and my kids can pay their own way through life just as I did after getting married with $13 bucks in my bank account. Leah had a grand and her mother froze her bank account!

All that said and with the Muzzo family money some might be correct that he'll never come back for sentencing, but his grandfather worked hard to get where he is and I suspect the family will be certain to make Marco make things as right as they can be for all involved.

Edited by irishfield

Yes Wayne...way way different times. However the troubling thing I see now is parents not being parents...but rather Best friends. Your kid screws up. So instead of teaching them right from wrong you forgive them and excuse there behaviour. What the hell have there learned about consequence from that? I was charged with impaired at 17. Took me to a jail in Guelph and called my folks. My old man said I will come and get him in the morning. Spent the night in jail listening to a hard core drunk puking up his guts in the 5X10 cell next to me. Contemplated suicide rather then facing my folks in the morning. But they are smart. When they threw me in the cell they made me take my belt AND my shoes/shoe laces off. It was HARSH...really HARSH for a 17 year old...but I learned. Perhaps I scared the crap out of my kids by sharing that experience with them. Put I'm sure glad i did.

I can't comment on the Muzzo family. I can only look at it through the eyes of my own life experiences and wish it had turned out better for everyone involved.

After reading the relevant posts, I'm sure we all know what we "want" to happen, in terms of Justice....... Unfortunately, either way it goes, I'll quote another member, in that,

Justice seems impossible to get in cases like this...

Rip to the kids, and their grampa..... A shame like no other....

Crown has asked for 10-12 years, defence has asked for 8 years (less 4 months served on a 1.5:1 basis= 7.5 years). The judge is now deciding....obviously he's not going to walk away but how much is enough?? Sentencing will be March 29th....I thought it would be all done with today but I guess not.

Edited by G.mech

COMBINED, THOSE CHILDREN HAD AT MOST,130 YEARS TO LIVE OUT THIER LIVES. THATS THE SENTENCE BEHIND BARS, HE SHOULD GET. NUFF SAID

Easy to view it that way too!

Like I said justice is funny/sad

One day you might make a mistake as well. If this was you, honest question, would that still be how you feel?

Not agreeing nor disagreeing, just an honest question brian

One day you might make a mistake as well. If this was you, honest question, would that still be how you feel?

Ok MB your walking down the street wife with the stroller you with the other kids drunk dude slams all except you their all killed you let him off?? Cause he made a mistake??

Edited by Rodbender

Ok MB your walking down the street wife with the stroller you with the other kids drunk dude slams all except you their all killed you let him off?? Cause he made a mistake??

Your putting words in my mouth.

I never implied he should walk, nor did I imply he deserves life.

Thats why I said Id hate to be a judge.

What is actually right? I dont have that answer.

I do know hower, my morals side me with the deceased and their family.

Again, I just asked an honest question.

Not judging anyone.

Id imagine(because it has never happened to me) that this is an incredibly hard situation.

But yeah, to be honest, if I imagine myself it that scenario, id go ape crap and probably land myself in prison for life.

Idk? Hopefully Ill never find out

Your putting words in my mouth.

I never implied he should walk, nor did I imply he deserves life.

Thats why I said Id hate to be a judge.

What is actually right? I dont have that answer.

I do know hower, my morals side me with the deceased and their family.

Again, I just asked an honest question.

Not judging anyone.

Id imagine(because it has never happened to me) that this is an incredibly hard situation.

But yeah, to be honest, if I imagine myself it that scenario, id go ape crap and probably land myself in prison for life.

Idk? Hopefully Ill never find out

No words in your mouth look at what yous said to Brian

You want an honest answer Rick.

Easy one for me. I would not deserve to see the light of day. To be very honest, if we had the death penalty, I would except that. Then again, that would be an easy way out. Death for a death. No more pain to live with. Time spent locked up getting your beat downs for your ignorant crime . That is called suffering for the rest of your life. That is punishment.

Hope that answers your question.

Easy one for me. I would not deserve to see the light of day. To be very honest, if we had the death penalty, I would except that. Then again, that would be an easy way out. Death for a death. No more pain to live with. Time spent locked up getting your beat downs for your ignorant crime . That is called suffering for the rest of your life. That is punishment.

Where's the like button :D

I know that if those were my grandchildren laid in the ground, I would never be satisfied till the culprit's dead and mangled body was hanging from a tree.

Driving while drunk is not a mistake. It is a reckless and criminal choice which others paid for with their very young lives.

Your a stand up man!

Again, I wasnt trying to discredit you or your morals, just a question.

Thanks for answering honestly.???

Four lives taken due to stupidity and recklessness on Muzzo's decision to drive while very seriously impaired.

Muzzo's sentence, when he gets it on March 29th, should be very harsh. He killed 4 innocent people for Gods sake!

Has anyone considered the ripple effect on the familes involved in this horrific event?

3 Children gone, a father gone, a grandfather gone, a husband gone, it goes on and on.

The grief and heartache must be un-imaginable for all the people concerned.

I am certain that M.A.D.D. will be at court house on the date in question.

Just in MHO.